Groups

help buying a netbook

hi just wondered if anyone thought this was a good deal
    900mhz proccesor
    1gig ram
    16gb hd
    eeepc someone offered me on for 139.00 it is running windows xp service pack 3 any help would be good as i have no clue about them cheers

13 Comments

Worth about £60 tops.

Original Poster

tony_s1;7808470

Worth about £60 tops.

what makes you say so can you see any netbooks by comparison?

overpriced

Original Poster

when i look for simalr new they are over 200 new

Original Poster

Ropster;7808511

overpriced

in what way what comparisons are there

Original Poster

grahamh1981;7808551

in what way what comparisons are there

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7808572

Well I paid £162 for my 1.6ghz atom acer aspire one netbook new so.....

where was that from if you dont mind me asking

Original Poster

so apart from dxs no one can offer a comparison or give advice on where to get one from?

grahamh1981;7808508

what makes you say so can you see any netbooks by comparison?

Look on Ebay. They go for around £70/80 there but you lose £15 of that to Thiefbay and their mates at Scampal. :roll:

you can get a refurbed acer aspire for that price from laptops direct, similar spec, but it has the 1.6 ghz atom which is a far superior proessor

Original Poster

cheers allrep will be added

Which model of eee is it? Assuming it's one of the ones with an 8.9" (or 10") screen and 6-cell battery then it's a great deal at that price. The 900Mhz Celeron is roughly the same speed as the 1.6Ghz Atom but uses more power, however the eees come with correspondingly higher capacity batteries to compensate.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;7808998

Which model of eee is it? Assuming it's one of the ones with an 8.9" (or … Which model of eee is it? Assuming it's one of the ones with an 8.9" (or 10") screen and 6-cell battery then it's a great deal at that price. The 900Mhz Celeron is roughly the same speed as the 1.6Ghz Atom but uses more power, however the eees come with correspondingly higher capacity batteries to compensate.

chhers when i look online it seems like it is a 900 series but not really sure i did check the details on specs on the machine and they are acurate so really not sure i thought this was a great deal but wanted to check
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions