Help buying a PS3 for my son please

I'm trying to get hold of a ps3 with some memory (not 12gb) and warranty for my son. (he's only young so dont want a PS4 - got various Ps3 bits ready) CEX are a nightmare to contact but offer a warranty. I'm not finding many other places that do - does anyone know of some others? Tried cash generator and cash convertors?

Thanks!

14 Comments

Why not check on CEX website? You can check local stock of PS3's and it will give you a price

GAME(digital)/Game Retail Limited offer a 12-month "Quality Guarantee" with their pre-owned PlayStation 3 consoles.

The two examples below have 120GB & 250GB hard drive capacities, respectively:

[ game.co.uk/en/…262 ]
[ game.co.uk/en/…268 ]
---
Grade C

With GAME’s great range of preowned products, satisfying your gaming and gadgetry needs has never been easier… or cheaper! Grab a great game, console, tablet or mobile phone at a fantastically low price, and enjoy the peace of mind provided by our 12-Month Quality Guarantee.

All of our preowned consoles are meticulously checked and graded before being re-sold, and each grading accurately reflects the condition of the console; no scuff or scrape escapes the eyes of our examiners!

Grade C - This Preowned console is in satisfactory, saleable condition carrying some cosmetic marks and scuffs. It is a fully functional console and has been thoroughly tested in our Reclamation Centre prior to being put on sale.
---

Original Poster

FeEn3Y_93

Why not check on CEX website? You can check local stock of PS3's and it … Why not check on CEX website? You can check local stock of PS3's and it will give you a price

I've looked at CEX but last time i had a problem they were dreadful. hoped there were some less well known alternatives that werent so hard to deal with - but thanks :-)

Original Poster

fanpages

GAME(digital)/Game Retail Limited offer a 12-month "Quality Guarantee" … GAME(digital)/Game Retail Limited offer a 12-month "Quality Guarantee" with their pre-owned PlayStation 3 consoles.The two examples below have 120GB & 250GB hard drive capacities, respectively:[ http://www.game.co.uk/en/preowned-playstation-3-120gb-slim-grade-c-502262 ][ http://www.game.co.uk/en/preowned-playstation-3-250gb-slim-grade-c-502268 ]---Grade CWith GAME’s great range of preowned products, satisfying your gaming and gadgetry needs has never been easier… or cheaper! Grab a great game, console, tablet or mobile phone at a fantastically low price, and enjoy the peace of mind provided by our 12-Month Quality Guarantee.All of our preowned consoles are meticulously checked and graded before being re-sold, and each grading accurately reflects the condition of the console; no scuff or scrape escapes the eyes of our examiners!Grade C - This Preowned console is in satisfactory, saleable condition carrying some cosmetic marks and scuffs. It is a fully functional console and has been thoroughly tested in our Reclamation Centre prior to being put on sale.---

Thanks - are they better for customer service? :-)

fanpages

GAME(digital)/Game Retail Limited offer a 12-month "Quality Guarantee" … GAME(digital)/Game Retail Limited offer a 12-month "Quality Guarantee" with their pre-owned PlayStation 3 consoles.The two examples below have 120GB & 250GB hard drive capacities, respectively:[ http://www.game.co.uk/en/preowned-playstation-3-120gb-slim-grade-c-502262 ][ http://www.game.co.uk/en/preowned-playstation-3-250gb-slim-grade-c-502268 ]---Grade CWith GAME’s great range of preowned products, satisfying your gaming and gadgetry needs has never been easier… or cheaper! Grab a great game, console, tablet or mobile phone at a fantastically low price, and enjoy the peace of mind provided by our 12-Month Quality Guarantee.All of our preowned consoles are meticulously checked and graded before being re-sold, and each grading accurately reflects the condition of the console; no scuff or scrape escapes the eyes of our examiners!Grade C - This Preowned console is in satisfactory, saleable condition carrying some cosmetic marks and scuffs. It is a fully functional console and has been thoroughly tested in our Reclamation Centre prior to being put on sale.---

nefertiti6969

Thanks - are they better for customer service? :-)

They are better than CeX, in my opinion, but do leave a little to be desired from time-to-time, if not most of the time (depending on who you ask at this site & based on their individual experiences).

I have never had a problem with GAME's customer services team, but it has been a while since I have contacted them (& they have been through administration twice in that time!).

nefertiti6969

I've looked at CEX but last time i had a problem they were dreadful. … I've looked at CEX but last time i had a problem they were dreadful. hoped there were some less well known alternatives that werent so hard to deal with - but thanks :-)

Ah i see what you meant sorry, i thought you meant trying to call them for prices etc. but yeah GAME are very good for customer service so if you can get one for a good price i'd recommend getting one from them

have look on Gumtree they are pretty cheap on there and warranty is only isn't gonna be worth anything if you can't get hold of them.

you could ask on here if anyone is selling there old one, wouldn't have warranty, but if it was cheap enough it might not matter.

Music magpie sell and have 10% off.

CEXs warranty are a con so don't worry bout that

Original Poster

jamierichardson129

CEXs warranty are a con so don't worry bout that

don't honour them or just impossible to get hold of? :-)

If I was buying second hand I'd go with CEX there warranties are now for 2 years I've had no issue getting things sorted granted it doesn't hurt to be friendly with them

nefertiti6969

don't honour them or just impossible to get hold of? :-)

​They dont honour them. they just say all goods have been tested prior to purchase.

They just say all goods are tested before sale.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any know of offers on London eye and Maddam Tussauds please11
    2. E-liquid44
    3. Acer RT280k Monitor refuses to sleep.56
    4. Just got Kodi now what?1126

See more discussions