Help buying printer cartridges

Found 3rd Jan
hi all I was wondering if anyone can help me with buying cartridges for a canon pixma mg 2450. are there cheaper options than buying from amazon etc? it seems im cheaper buying a new printer but my environmental conscience just wont let me do such a wasteful thing. any help would be appreciated.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

All I will say is don't buy refilled cartridges from ebay and the like, in my experience they are never even close to being full and last a fraction of the time the original cartridges do. I normally just end up getting mine from Tesco as I know they'll be legit.

Original Poster

Richard_Richard8 m ago

All I will say is don't buy refilled cartridges from ebay and the like, in …All I will say is don't buy refilled cartridges from ebay and the like, in my experience they are never even close to being full and last a fraction of the time the original cartridges do. I normally just end up getting mine from Tesco as I know they'll be legit.

Thank you for the reply will check tesco out, is there a way to refill them myself?

I know you said you can't justify buung a new one but we bought a hp printer and when the ink starts to run out they send you more free of charge. You are limited on the amount of pages you print though

*buying*

mcon5 m ago

Thank you for the reply will check tesco out, is there a way to refill …Thank you for the reply will check tesco out, is there a way to refill them myself?

Haven't done it myself but yes it's possible as that's all the eBay sellers are doing. Check out -

refreshcartridges.co.uk/igl…es/

I don't know how these prices compare, I used to use them for my HP printer and the Think brand were much cheaper than HP and I found them just as good.

choicestationery.com/pri…177

Original Poster

Thank you all for the comments and help, now to do some reading on the posted links. Cheers guys

Original Poster

thewrecker747737 m ago

I know you said you can't justify buung a new one but we bought a hp …I know you said you can't justify buung a new one but we bought a hp printer and when the ink starts to run out they send you more free of charge. You are limited on the amount of pages you print though

It looks like this is gonna be my only option. Isn't the instant ink thing a subscription or did you get that as part of a deal?

It came as a deal I think when we got the printer. We don't pay anything, only if we go over the allotted allowance on the pages

Original Poster

Thank you

You might be cheaper going with HP and their Instant Ink service. It's a game-changer as far as ink printing goes.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions