Help... can anyone remember garlic snack from the 90s?

Posted 12th Dec 2020
I'm putting together a pub snack hamper for someone and thought about these garlic bread snack bags you used to get in the supermarkets back in the 90s early 2000's.. I think they were supermarket home brand mainly can anyone remember them and what they were called? They were full of garlic and quite hard but really moreish... trying to see if I can find them anywhere
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Categories

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I remember them. No idea what they were called but they were really garlicky and really good
    Mignon morceaux !!!!!? Phileas fogg (edited)
    Author
    Think you're right guys! Probably don't sell them anymore because of the calorie content too much fat and salt but now I'm sat here thinking about them, they'd go a treat with my glass of rum haha
    I certainly remember and loved them. I think they were maybe marks n sparks or tesco but can't find anything about them.

Closest I can find is
    amazon.co.uk/Bon…MXJ
    allthethrees3312/12/2020 20:04

I know they were so nice, these look similar but the ones I was thinking …I know they were so nice, these look similar but the ones I was thinking of were quite thick haha, I'll have a look see if anywhere sells them singly... Thanks for looking

Yep I remember them being thick too but these two links are about all I can see that are anywhere similar
    43116708-DrKq0.jpg
    Not garlic but these are lovely from the lidl lots of nibbles inside xx
    allthethrees3312/12/2020 20:51

Think you're right guys! Probably don't sell them anymore because of the …Think you're right guys! Probably don't sell them anymore because of the calorie content too much fat and salt but now I'm sat here thinking about them, they'd go a treat with my glass of rum haha

They were really good. We could start a petition.
    Author
    a666andy12/12/2020 19:26

I certainly remember and loved them. I think they were maybe marks n …I certainly remember and loved them. I think they were maybe marks n sparks or tesco but can't find anything about them.Closest I can find ishttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Bon-Chance-Bread-Crisps-Garlic/dp/B07Y8D3MXJ

I know they were so nice, these look similar but the ones I was thinking of were quite thick haha, I'll have a look see if anywhere sells them singly... Thanks for looking
    Author
    .Griff.12/12/2020 19:32

Sounds like bruschetta chips, like this? Bruschette Roasted Garlic 70g …Sounds like bruschetta chips, like this? Bruschette Roasted Garlic 70g (goodfood-company.co.uk)

Thank you but it wasn't these I was thinking of they weren't bruschetta, quite difficult to describe them to be honest... Thank you though
    goodfood-company.co.uk/bru…asp
    Above taste similar, but don't have the same crunch.
    Closest you'll find for the crunch is pretzel pieces, but I've never seen garlic versions
    Mignon Morceaux, they're discontinued
's avatar
Top Merchants