Groups

HELP can not connect to the net on ps3?

hey everyone got a weird one, ps3 always works fine never had a problem and then until I installed the new firmware and now I cant go online. I have already reset my ps3 and router still no luck, did a connection test and says my connection is NAT TYPE 3 no idea what that means and then below it says go to playsation user guide to change settings did that and there is no information on how to resolve it and instead shows what each NAT TYPE is what use is that. Sony come on now!
    any help would be much appreciated.

1 Comment

Nat 3 is the result of being hooked into a router without being properly setup for data transfer. essentially it is restrictive.

There are 3 ways to change your Nat type to type 2 or 1. (Nat type 2 meaning that it is properly setup without restrictions behind a router, and Nat 1 being a direct connection to the Internet).

1.) Hook the PS3 directly into the modem will result in a Nat type 1, but of course that means disconnecting everything but the ps3 and that's an unnecessary hassle.

2.) Going into the router settings and Port Forwarding the PS3's necessary ports to the Ps3's ip address.

3.) Probably the simplest (on most routers) and most effective is to go into the router and set the PS3's ip address in the DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone), essentially the router doesnt have any say from what comes and goes to the Ps3, which is good so the connection isn't hampered
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767530
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843
      3. One thing you've forgotten2125
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691437

See more discussions