help! cancel PS4 game ordered with amazon add on items £20 del charge

Found 2nd Aug 2015
I ordered a PS4 game, (Horizon: Zero Dawn) with no release date to get round the amazon add on items £20 delivery option, which I read on this site was way round it, however when I now go to cancel the PS4 game I get this message pop up....

"Important Message
To cancel these items, the Add-on Items in your order must also be cancelled.
This order contains one or more Add-on Items, which are dispatched with qualifying orders of £20 or more of items shipped by Amazon."

so I cant cancel the order.. I have already received the add on items so cant cancel them... any way around this? I don't want to spend £44 on a game i don't want, i don't even have a PS4! any help thanks
Community Updates
10 Comments
Has the add on item been despatched yet? As it won't let you if it hasn't.

I ordered an add on item with a pre order to do this technique on saturday. And on sunday morning when the add on item had been despatched i cancelled the preorder no problem. But this might just be because i have amazon prime so the add on item gets despatched before the other item
Edited by: "winifer" 2nd Aug 2015
y not contact cs at amazon and say you got it for a family member turns out they have an xbox and dnt want this game..
Original Poster
thanks for the swift replies, i cant cancel the add on items as i received them on Thursday, the only option for them on my order summary now is return, which i don't want to do... i will email them and suggest what "justanothercid" suggested and see what they say,
The old trick doesn't work anymore, take delivery of the game and then return it.
Original Poster
oh, thanks bargainBooze, i didn't think you can return console games, if i cant cancel after i email them i will have to do that,
bargainBooze

The old trick doesn't work anymore, take delivery of the game and then … The old trick doesn't work anymore, take delivery of the game and then return it.

How long has that been? Worked for me twice last week.
stuarthanley

How long has that been? Worked for me twice last week.

Was trying it the other day with a preorder and it wouldn't ship the add on items.
Edited by: "bargainBooze" 2nd Aug 2015
bargainBooze

Was trying it the other day with a preorder and it wouldn't ship the add … Was trying it the other day with a preorder and it wouldn't ship the add on items.

Must be just add on items then as my orders were not add ons but were less than £3 each. Added a pre-order game to each and it worked.
stuarthanley

Must be just add on items then as my orders were not add ons but were … Must be just add on items then as my orders were not add ons but were less than £3 each. Added a pre-order game to each and it worked.

Thanks will keep this in mind
Original Poster
quick update, my email to amazon customer service worked, they cancelled my order with no questions asked! well I wont be trying that pre order trick again, looks like they are clamping down and trying to force amazon prime onto us...thanks for the replies and suggestions
Edited by: "malnuman" 3rd Aug 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants