18 Comments

How did he delete MSN?

Original Poster

thesaint;5962071

How did he delete MSN?

computer uninstall or change:?

Original Poster

Adam2050;5962080

http://download.live.com/messenger Download there.

yes wont let him download cos it says he still has it:)

pink;5962108

Then you need to find the icon rather then the software surely.

Start > All Programs > Msn messenger?

pink;5962108

he probably just deleted the icon or shortcut

do a search of your hard drive for msn:thumbsup:

Adam2050;5962118

Then you need to find the icon rather then the software surely.

this man knows what im talking about

pink;5962094

computer uninstall or change:?

As above.
    Ask him how he "deleted" it.

phatboy123;5962126

he probably just deleted the icon or shortcut do a search of your hard … he probably just deleted the icon or shortcut do a search of your hard drive for msn:thumbsup:this man knows what im talking about

have a look in the recycle bin

Supermod

Start - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and then find MSN.

do you have TUNEUP UTILITIES?
    If So From There Ya Can Take It Off.
    I Had The Same Problem Because MSN was Saying I Have It But I Did Not Same as You.
    Untill I ran Tuneup And uninstalled It with that And Hey Presto Its Gone.
    Hope This Helps.

Original Poster

Is fixed thanks ran system restore and it came back so he cant have done a good job of deleting it in the first place, Rep for all advice anyway thanks

maxmax;5962153

do you have TUNEUP UTILITIES? If So From There Ya Can Take It Off.I Had … do you have TUNEUP UTILITIES? If So From There Ya Can Take It Off.I Had The Same Problem Because MSN was Saying I Have It But I Did Not Same as You.Untill I ran Tuneup And uninstalled It with that And Hey Presto Its Gone.Hope This Helps.

First look In..
    Start/Contol Panel/Add and remove Programs and if its there your ok just need icon ok
    but if its not ther then go back to start ok
    Start/my computer/HDD (C)/Programe Files And Look In There For MSN messanger,
    If Its there Then then delete it then try down load again ok

pink;5962202

Is fixed thanks ran system restore and it came back so he cant have done … Is fixed thanks ran system restore and it came back so he cant have done a good job of deleting it in the first place, Rep for all advice anyway thanks

Good Job:thumbsup:
    PS May I add You Should Have system restore off as all virus/trojans attack that and when ya do a sysytem restore they dont go away...just a tip for ya.

Original Poster

maxmax;5962243

Good Job:thumbsup:PS May I add You Should Have system restore off as all … Good Job:thumbsup:PS May I add You Should Have system restore off as all virus/trojans attack that and when ya do a sysytem restore they dont go away...just a tip for ya.

Thanks will do :thumbsup:

maxmax;5962243

Good Job:thumbsup:PS May I add You Should Have system restore off as all … Good Job:thumbsup:PS May I add You Should Have system restore off as all virus/trojans attack that and when ya do a sysytem restore they dont go away...just a tip for ya.

That's bad advice,

System restore is a good piece of software.

If you get a virus, and do a system restore, of course it won't delete it, however, if you have no system restore you're still in the same scenario..

System restore is good for problems like these ITT.

t0mm;5963483

That's bad advice,System restore is a good piece of software.If you get a … That's bad advice,System restore is a good piece of software.If you get a virus, and do a system restore, of course it won't delete it, however, if you have no system restore you're still in the same scenario..System restore is good for problems like these ITT.

+1
    Almost as many problems are caused by badly written programs/daft instructions from users (as you have just seen) which system restore will fix

System restore is a terrible piece of software for sorting viruses.

Just download a correct guide of removing viruses in Safe mode.

the new msn isnt a stand alone program anymore i believe
    its all part of windows live essentials
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251372
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery33
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31125

See more discussions