Help-can't get my new ps3 singstar game to be recognised by my ps3

We got singstar have pop party and take that from Santa from Play.com and can't get our ps3 to recognise the disk. We already Queen and Abba and they work fine. Has anybody have any thoughts on this matter. I can't send them back as they were from "santa". I think the disks are fine but am totally confused as to why they don't show up when put in ps3. I
Thank for any help in advance!

6 Comments

1st ever post? Hmmm

Singstar Pop Party is a PS2 game... unless you have a 60gb PS3, the PS3 won't be able to play the disc.

To play the songs from it, you need to load up one of your PS3 games (like your Queen one) and then on the song selection screen press the SELECT button to enable the Disc Swap feature. You can then put the PS2 games in and the songs will be available to choose.

If I've got it wrong and they are all in fact PS3 games, then I dunno... sorry, lol! ;-)

Original Poster

Both games are for a ps3. The ps3 very occassionallt recognises the disks, but maybe only once in 30 times. Very infuriating, I think I'll try to send them back to play.com. Or will need to find another ps3 to try them out of.
Cheers any way!
weevikki:?:oops:

hodsey77;7345134

Singstar Pop Party is a PS2 game... unless you have a 60gb PS3, the PS3 … Singstar Pop Party is a PS2 game... unless you have a 60gb PS3, the PS3 won't be able to play the disc.To play the songs from it, you need to load up one of your PS3 games (like your Queen one) and then on the song selection screen press the SELECT button to enable the Disc Swap feature. You can then put the PS2 games in and the songs will be available to choose.If I've got it wrong and they are all in fact PS3 games, then I dunno... sorry, lol! ;-)

Can i do this on disney sing it PS3 and load PS2 singstar rocks songs onto it?:thumbsup:

h.nutt26;7365900

Can i do this on disney sing it PS3 and load PS2 singstar rocks songs … Can i do this on disney sing it PS3 and load PS2 singstar rocks songs onto it?:thumbsup:

Yep, any singstar can work with disk swap, only if when using a ps3 that a ps3 disk is played first, then disk swap done!
I do it with mine.
And op thought pop party was only for ps2! :w00t:

h.nutt26;7365900

Can i do this on disney sing it PS3 and load PS2 singstar rocks songs … Can i do this on disney sing it PS3 and load PS2 singstar rocks songs onto it?:thumbsup:

*katie*;7366059

Yep, any singstar can work with disk swap, only if when using a ps3 that … Yep, any singstar can work with disk swap, only if when using a ps3 that a ps3 disk is played first, then disk swap done!I do it with mine.And op thought pop party was only for ps2! :w00t:

Nope... Disney Sing It is not considered to be a Singstar game...

Any Singstar you can enable the Disc Swap feature, though...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3611382
    2. EE Retention Deal S811
    3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1331
    4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work22

See more discussions