Groups

Help choosing a camera phone

Hi,

My Sony Z3 is now dying and I want a phone that will take decent pictures of my daughter playing and generally acting normally.

My wife has a Samsung s7 edge which is brilliant but more than I want to spend.

I have used a Moto g4 which is lacking.

My budget would ideally be around £200. But I can go higher if I need to.

I've seen the xiaomi mi5 all the samples I've looked at seem to be of flowers which isn't much help to me....
    Also the mi6 looks tempting with the wider aperture but the lower MP count makes me nervous about the detail in any pictures I take

Can anyone help me with what phone I could consider??

Thanks

9 Comments

Lg g4 has a fantastic camera, and is a very good phone.

Samdung Note 4. Best ever. Total value for money. Best screen resolution. Only downside for some is the size. Just upgraded to S7 from Note 4 but can 're.mend Nite 4 as being next best

To chime in on megapixels, they do not determine detail, the higher the number means you have more space to crop on photos and more choice on print sizes it never relates to photo quality.

If you don't mind a second hand phone, i would recommend Lumia 1020

I've had the same problem, I had the moto g4 and was fed up missing great photos of my little girl as the camera lag was so slow. so it said enough is enough and bought the S8 which is supposed to be the best camera phone on the market, even though it's so expensive, ive justified it that photos are very valuable to me. other good and cheaper, referbished (sub £200) camera phones I considered were S6 (great camera, poor battery), iPhone 6 (not an iPhone fan)

I would suggest a Sony Xperia X as £280 si. free at Amazon. great phone and fantastic pics

Robot_Rooster

To chime in on megapixels, they do not determine detail, the higher the … To chime in on megapixels, they do not determine detail, the higher the number means you have more space to crop on photos and more choice on print sizes it never relates to photo quality.

​ Spot on. A decent lens is most important. The MP breaks the image down into small pixels. Higher MP , more pixels. With a poor lender you just have more distorted pixels. Unless you want to print posters from your photos I wouldn't worry about the MP, aim for 8MP plus, so you can crop and enlarge to do decent 15x10cm photos.
    Something like the honor 6x, very good camera. High spec phone, around £180.

If you are willing to spend over £200, then I would look around for a Samsung S7.
    I managed to get S7 Edge like new off eBay for £300 minus £12 cashback from TopCashback (4% when buying through a mobile). I'm sure you will be able to find S7 cheaper than that.

Original Poster

Thank you for the comments

I opted for the LG g4 got it for 165 from Amazon warehouse - like new condition.

The Sony looked good but the reviews all said the LG camera is just better
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2489
      2. Asda having major issues with deliveries today11
      3. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller77
      4. word association Game74044545

See more discussions