Groups

Help choosing a laptop computer!

Hey all, I have had a nightmare with laptops over the last few days. SO I have the money in hand now, and need one asap!!

Which is the best? and has anyone had any experience with either or?

Toshiba A300 21H

argos.co.uk/web…%3E

or Sony NS20SS

dixons.co.uk/mar…jsp[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciadegjgmhlelcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=854579&category_oid=-34420

Now the sony is slightly cheaper, but I can get it with a code for £509. I have owned a sony similar to this one before and found it a bit on bulky side.

So what does anyone think!!

Thanks for any help.

5 Comments

I have the sony and don't find it bulky at all, my friend has a tosh satellite and has had a lot of problems. Both machines have similar spec.

I know you can get the tosh for around £515

Original Poster

phatboy123;4606978

I have the sony and don't find it bulky at all, my friend has a tosh … I have the sony and don't find it bulky at all, my friend has a tosh satellite and has had a lot of problems. Both machines have similar spec. I know you can get the tosh for around £515

hi there, i dont mean to insult the sony just incase.

hmmm, bulky might not be the right way, its a large machine for 15.4 inches. if that makes any sense lol.

sony has a bigger hdd, toshiba has a hdmi port. just from taking a quick look at specs. performance wise they seem similar. Sony only takes sony memory cards, where toshiba takes various types. Could be important to someone who uses memory cards a lot.

I've found sony laptops to be of very good build quality. Not had much experiance with toshiba.

That's okay I would say its size is really the current average of a laptop these days, a vast improvement from some even 3/4 years ago.

Im using mine right now and cant fault it tbh. I have basically had it on 24/7 since i bought it last spring which makes it a good laptop in my eyes. It handles everything I have thrown at it.

edit-
    sony actually reads sd cards & all the sony cards
    sd slot is the one on the left
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten1721
      2. Bearded chat1223
      3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407243
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311387

See more discussions