Groups
    EXPIRED

Help choosing a wifi extender

I'm trying to decide what to buy to boost wireless signal in my house and provide wireless to the deadspots. I've found these two options:

amazon.co.uk/TP-…8-8

amazon.co.uk/Net…8-1

I think the power line adapters are probably the better option as they won't just be repeating the signal but acting as an access point, but I can't tell if the ones above actually do this or just act as a booster as well?

Any advice or alternative options would be appreciated

3 Comments

I have both the TP LINK Powerlines and the Netgear extender. If you want to connect a laptop or a computer then I suggest getting a power line as they give you a direct connection to the home router. But if you want to use it on a phone or tablet then get the Netgear wireless extender, it boosts your current weak signal

I bought cheap wi fi extender from China on eBay for £12. Works fine for me. Guess if your streaming content something better may be needed.

Banned

Alternative option; forget repeaters, forget homeplugs and just buy an asus rt-n66u router. It will crush any walls.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047115
      2. Spotify Family Premium share513
      3. word association Game73944489
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32453

See more discussions