Help choosing printer - Brother or Epson?

8 replies
Found 21st Oct 2008
Eitehr the Epson SX200 or the Brother DCp 135c? Anyone have any experience of either? Thanks

8 Comments

Banned

buy an HP mate

Original Poster

Johnrulez;3252016

buy an HP mate

Thanks for reply! Had HP one before, but cartridge exploded - dont want another Hp, and just taken a canon back today! Not having much luck! The guy in Pc World tried to flog me an Epson, he said they the best - not sure though?

I have 3 x Brother All in Ones, brilliant, very cheap ink unlike HP/Lexmark.

I get ink for less than £2 a cartridge.

Brother Printers come with a one year on site warranty.

Some Epsom Printers have " chipped " cartridges.

:thumbsup:

Epson are cheap and cheerful.

The printers are almost as disposable as the ink cartridges. If you're looking for high quality prints over a long period of time I'd buy one that works on the principle of having the printhead on the cartridge.

Don't but a HP mate

Inactive;3252044

Some Epsom Printers have " chipped " cartridges.:thumbsup:

Pretty sure you mean all, unless you can get hold of an old discontinued model.

Go for the Brother, no chips in them and easy to refill at home if you're that way inclined:thumbsup:

Shengis;3252835

Pretty sure you mean all, unless you can get hold of an old discontinued … Pretty sure you mean all, unless you can get hold of an old discontinued model.Go for the Brother, no chips in them and easy to refill at home if you're that way inclined:thumbsup:

True, I was only playing it safe, just in case there are any old models kicking around.

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks everyone - just got the brother for 31.49 from Rymans!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48910998
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games78
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604827
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769585

See more discussions