Help cinevia has ruined my Life :(

Found 23rd Jul 2012
Hi guys I purchased a Sony bdve280 home theatre system and all was great until I updated the firmware and now cinevia is stopping me play 70% of my (duplicate) copies of films. Any way to downgrade the firmware. ?
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
39 Comments
PIRACY

your going to hell
Original Poster
Havince these are not pirate but duplicates of copies I actually own (legally)
We believe you! (Not)
I have an idea use the real copies as you already own them.
paulwilly

I have an idea use the real copies as you already own them.

X)
HAHA use a media player disc's are old skool
Original Poster
I have wd 500gb hard drive that I play my films from. Just wondered if there was a way to downgrade the firmware to original as this does not contain cinevia. Also I don't have £499 spare to buy a decent bit if kit. Otherwise I wouldn't be a member on hukd as I would be rich and not care what stuff cost lol
Panasonic, there the dogs.
Original Poster
so i take it nobody has an answer to my original question lool
I own full 7.1 set up, with Denon Av receiver, kef speakers, 3d tv. I also own 1000+ blurays and 2000+ DVDs this doesn't make me rich. I work for a living I don't smoke or drink. Don't judge who's on hot uk deals you asked for advice we will give it.

Right time to wipe my Ass with a £50 note.
Original Poster
paulwilly

I own full 7.1 set up, with Denon Av receiver, kef speakers, 3d tv. I … I own full 7.1 set up, with Denon Av receiver, kef speakers, 3d tv. I also own 1000+ blurays and 2000+ DVDs this doesn't make me rich. I work for a living I don't smoke or drink. Don't judge who's on hot uk deals you asked for advice we will give it. Right time to wipe my Ass with a £50 note.

Good for you.
I'm guessing you tried flashing it with the old software?

Have you tried renaming the old software with a later number than your current firmware? This may sound mad but it has been known to work on firmware updates.
' cinevia has ruined my life '

My heart bleeds.
Original Poster
Hi Gavin how would I flash with old firmware. Many thanks
http://c1005.r5.cf3.rackcdn.com/2010/10/piracy-2.jpg

...Well actually, If you were Orcinus Orca...
Serves you right.

So you have the time to sit there finding and torrenting copies of "your" films but yet cannot be bothered to put the disc in the drive and gain a better viewing experience in the process.

I am not believing.
Edited by: "smellyonion" 23rd Jul 2012
The cinema has ruined a few peoples lives
derbywiiman

Hi Gavin how would I flash with old firmware. Many thanks

Find the old firmware on the net (pre M07.R.0615) burn to CD-R and pop it in. If it won't update then try naming it something later than M07.R.0615 and burn another one and try that. If that fails to work look through the firmware files using notepad+ and change the version numbers in the files if present. Save, burn and try again.

As I say this may or may not work, depends how much time Sony spent thinking about people doing it.

For future reference you may want to look at whats in an 'update' before you agree to apply it. Sony update page clearly states that cinivia is included in the update.

Good luck.
#firstworldproblems

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/first+world+problems_d75986_3155970.jpg

If you haven't much money then get a wdtv, will play anything. If you want something decent buy a Revo.

They will do what you want to do
Edited by: "sancho1983" 23rd Jul 2012
Original Poster
Thanks Gavin. Glad there are still helpful people on hukd and not all a load of bridge hidden trolls.
I bought a wd live tv from amazon, unopened.
Paid 66 for it, haven't a clue what it does, I ain't techie, I don't mind selling it for sane price, because I'm gona return it anyway.
Original Poster
Will wdtv handle 45gb 3d SBS Mkv with dts??
Banned
derbywiiman

Havince these are not pirate but duplicates of copies I actually own … Havince these are not pirate but duplicates of copies I actually own (legally)

yeah right - like you managed to rip from your own dvds AND put cinavia on them

Complete BS!
Banned
derbywiiman

Will wdtv handle 45gb 3d SBS Mkv with dts??

yes
ei8hty5ive

...Well actually, If you were Orcinus Orca...

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Man-of-Steel-Superman-trailer.jpg
transit

' cinevia has ruined my life 'My heart bleeds.

First World Problems

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s--WRFMF2dU/Tr02gyp-MlI/AAAAAAAAEvM/f4UXigBpWV8/s1600/firstworldproblems3.jpg
Banned
fanpages

says a lot about merc drivers being bercs for getting wound up about a seat being moved.
Banned
dcx_badass

Cinavia is embedded in the audio track, you don't 'put' it on, using your … Cinavia is embedded in the audio track, you don't 'put' it on, using your phone to record your TV playing a Cinavia protected film and your phone video will have it.

fair enough - actually learnt something today
paulwilly

I own full 7.1 set up, with Denon Av receiver, kef speakers, 3d tv. I … I own full 7.1 set up, with Denon Av receiver, kef speakers, 3d tv. I also own 1000+ blurays and 2000+ DVDs this doesn't make me rich. I work for a living I don't smoke or drink. Don't judge who's on hot uk deals you asked for advice we will give it. Right time to wipe my Ass with a £50 note.

If you waste your money on that many dvds even over a period of years it makes you an idiot unless your income is tremendous in which case. Well done!
Cinavia is why I hacked the PS3 to be a multiregion Blu Ray player (no longer play games) and bought a Revo for XBMC.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB…ZIP

extract zip then (AT YOUR OWN RISK) do some research to check if anyone attempted downgrade via disc and broke their player.

Create the disc:1.Extract the file to your computer. The extracted files … Create the disc:1.Extract the file to your computer. The extracted files are called MSB07-FW.BIN and MSB07-FW.ID2.Write the files MSB07-FW.BIN and MSB07-FW.ID to a blank recordable CD. Using CD burning software? Select universal disc UDF format (UDF).Use of the ISO9660 format may result in an incorrect update disc. Transfer the update to your playerFirst get the equipment ready, then transfer the update to your player.Get the equipment ready: 1.Turn on your TV and check it's tuned to the input your Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System is connected to. (So if the player is connected to the HDMI 2 socket, choose HDMI 2 as the input.)2.Turn on the Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System.3.Press the "FUNCTION" button repeatedly until "BD/DVD" function appears in the front panel display - You can only perform the upgrade when the "BD/DVD" function is selected . If it starts to play a disc, press STOP and wait until you see the XrossMediaBar™ (XMB™) menu screen.4.Select "Quick Start Mode" using the remote control - make sure that the "Quick Start Mode" is set to "Off", otherwise, the firmware upgrade may not succeed.5.Put the disc in the player, and close the disc tray.Transfer the update:1.After the disc loads, you see the message Perform version update? is displayed on the TV.2.Select OK using the remote control, and then press ENTER .3.The update starts.4.During the update, you see the message UPDATING on the front panel display.5.When the message COMPLETE appears on the front panel display and, the update is complete. The player automatically turns off. - Don't use or turn off the system until the update is complete. 6.Turn the system back on.7.Check the firmware version. If the version number is M07.R.0615, the firmware update was successful.Possible Issues during the updateTroubleshootingWhat to do if you have problems updating your Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System firmware using your PC and a disc.• "UPDATE" and "ERROR" are displayed alternately on the front panel display. 1.Turn off the system and disconnect the AC power cord.2.Turn on the power of the Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System.3.Take the disc out. 4.Try the disc update procedure again. Still not working? Please contact Sony Customer Support • The message "UPDATING" is not displayed in the front panel when the update disc is inserted. Turn on the system again keeping the upgrade disc in the tray. The upgrade should restart automatically.• The power went off while the update was in progress Turn the player on keeping the update disc in the tray. The update will restart automatically.• The UPDATA_M07R0615.ZIP update file I downloaded from the update web site cannot be extracted. Did you download the file successfully? Try deleting the file and downloading it again.• The update has been going for over 30 minutes and hasn't finished 1.Disconnect the AC power cord from the mains, then reconnect it after several minutes.2.Turn on the Blu-ray Disc / DVD Home theatre system.3.Try the disc update procedure again. Still not working? Please contact Sony Customer Support

The 2 file name might be slightly different in zip as the zip is 0600 and instructions are based on 0615

EDIT having now checked the finished downloaded zip file the instructions are fine as is minus the firmware version at the end.

7.Check the firmware version. If the version number is M07.R.0615, the … 7.Check the firmware version. If the version number is M07.R.0615, the firmware update was successful.

Edited by: "dontasciime" 24th Jul 2012
All the real issues people have to put up with and yet something so pathetic and trivial "ruins op's life". If you want to pirate your films rather than buy them you get what you deserve.
Edited by: "pinkleponkle" 24th Jul 2012
If you are going to pirate films then at least stay up to date with the methods of preventing playback. Cinavia isn't new and Sony are the most active in implementing it with their technology. They updated the PS3 in firmware 3.42 with it.

FYI the blu ray standard now means that all blu ray players should have cinavia or be updated with cinavia. In reality manufacturers won't update all devices, they'll just release newer models with it on. How difficult they make it to bypass is anyone's guess, alot of DVD players have a simple bypass for region coding, it may become the same with cinavia - I doubt very much on Sony devices though!
Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 24th Jul 2012
paulwilly

I own full 7.1 set up, with Denon Av receiver, kef speakers, 3d tv. I … I own full 7.1 set up, with Denon Av receiver, kef speakers, 3d tv. I also own 1000+ blurays and 2000+ DVDs this doesn't make me rich. I work for a living I don't smoke or drink. Don't judge who's on hot uk deals you asked for advice we will give it.

I would struggle to name even 200 Blu-rays worth owning.
lumoruk

says a lot about merc drivers being bercs for getting wound up about a … says a lot about merc drivers being bercs for getting wound up about a seat being moved.

People moving the seat in my car does my head in! If my dad borrows my car he is so much shorter than me & has the seat so high & so far forward that I get in the car & have to faceplant the windscreen til I can adjust it back.
unquestioned

People moving the seat in my car does my head in! If my dad borrows my … People moving the seat in my car does my head in! If my dad borrows my car he is so much shorter than me & has the seat so high & so far forward that I get in the car & have to faceplant the windscreen til I can adjust it back.

You could adjust the seat when stood outside the vehicle.

Or, buy a car that has memory settings for individual drivers.

Alternatively, buy a car where the seating position cannot be changed.
There be many a-holes ITT.
DragonChris

There be many a-holes ITT.

One for each member.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions