help connecting 360 to Monitor

il be getting a 360 soon a premium or elite and i just want to know how i could connect either to my 22" acer flat screen monitor as it is much better than my dung 22" tv. what cables do i need?

11 Comments

you will need an xbox to vga cable.

Much like this one amazon.co.uk/Xbo…ADE

But dont spend that much they can be had on ebay for next to nothing - £8

this is how i use my xbox and its much better in qualiity!

Hope that helped

get a VGA Cable.

http://images.play.com/covers/741485x.jpg

play.com/Gam…tml

9.95 i believe.

what can you plug in to the back of your moniter? just VGA

Original Poster

will i need the same cable for an elite

An elite is identical (connection wise) to a premium but with the addition of a HDMI socket which should be your preffered connection method if your looking for the best quality.

VGA is still a very good connection though but can look a little washed out although this can be corrected by tweaking your monitor settings.

Original Poster

nice sounds good, im going to get an elite with devil may cry 4 for £299 and i'll trade in DMC4 at my local market for 2 possibly 3 games, and ontop of that ive got to buy membership and the VGA cable, i just hope that someone will buy my 190201366640 to fund it

Original Poster

also is there something i can use so i dont have to swap the cables around, because i intend on having my 360 and pc on the same monitor just not at the same time.. hope that made sense

You need a KVM switching unit which will combine 2 VGA cables into one input with a switch.

Eg this:-

*********.co.uk/KVM…tem

Original Poster

that looks like some complicated kit may stick to switching the cables over lmao

No it's pretty basic, 2 VGA inputs, a switch and one output.

Original Poster

REDRANGER86;1627029

what can you plug in to the back of your moniter? just VGA

i can just plug the VGA
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523382
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763819
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414314049
    4. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders22

See more discussions