Help connecting my sons DS to the internet, with ought changing all to WEP

Found 25th Jan 2009
Help connecting my sons DS to the internet, with ought changing all to WEP.

Hi guys, my son can only connect his DS to the internet when I lower the security on our SKY WIFI router to WEP instead of WKA/WPA. The only problem is the DS works but not the laptop.

I read that the DS does not support WPA, but you can keep this setting and connect the DS using an official Nintendo WiFi dongle, which are about 30 quid. There are cheaper versions for a tenner, but do these work? Or can anyone please recommend a cheaper one that actually works please?

Many thanks Guys Els

1 Comment

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;4183075

i bought a dongle from deal extreme month ago and it didnt work unless it … i bought a dongle from deal extreme month ago and it didnt work unless it was wired using an ethernet cable or my router was put to WEP, we have now bought the nintendo wifi dongle and it works a treat, there isnt a way to get a ds to work with out lowering your security on your router. Play.com have them in play trade.The nintendo dongle is a bit fiddly with zone alarms but its perfect to get the ds online, we run 3 ds's wireless from it. it is installed into my laptop which needs to be left on while using the dongle

Great thanks for the advice , rep added :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769499
    2. word association Game74244919
    3. Add one, leave one game54415447
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993252

See more discussions