Help contacting Sony Support / Dev team

I have tried to find a support email for the Sony developers as I have questions regarding an open source package they have released.

I was directed to stackoverflow where my post was persistently removed for not being technically specific enough.

I was then directed to Sony Support area for mobile phone development but I don't think these are the people who assist with the Sony remote SDK packages I am trying to manipulate.

if anyone knows a contact at sony who may be knowledgeable I would appreciate any help I can get.

thanks

12 Comments

Original Poster

I am trying to get a clean relay of the live view via WiFi from my Sony camera to my android phone. without any other functionality inadvertently ruining/placing red shutter and options buttons all over what I am trying to see. I hope that makes sense

Bashop

I am trying to get a clean relay of the live view via WiFi from my Sony … I am trying to get a clean relay of the live view via WiFi from my Sony camera to my android phone. without any other functionality inadvertently ruining/placing red shutter and options buttons all over what I am trying to see. I hope that makes sense

​i prob can't help, but in layman's terms you want to remove your cameras HUD/osd when viewing your camera through your android phone? could you crop the image? I've heard people use vlc to access wifi streams, maybe the overlay isn't hard coded, it probably is, could you disable the overlay in the cameras settings? what model camera is it and what app/program are you using to access the stream? if its not an option in the settings are there any custom firmwares/hacks available for the camera?
hope someone is able to help.

could you set the camera to save to SD and use one of those wireless SD cards to access/stream the data?

Original Poster

This is the most official version of the application:

play.google.com/sto…QDA

And this is the toolkit issued by Sony to create Variants:developer.sony.com/dow…dk/

At the moment there is no real options available to just take the feed without the control options.

From seeing some variants people have created I'm sure it is possible I just don't have the knowledge and understanding of java and programming in general to decipher the code.

From my functional testing of variations of the code nothing need be changed in the camera is simply the apk package needs to be formulated. Or my guess the appropriate entries be commented out to disable buttons and on screen aids.

Bashop

This is the most official version of the … This is the most official version of the application:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.playmemories.mobile&hl=en_GB&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dsony+remote+app&pcampaignid=APPU_1_J8OeWI-MMqnNgAbX96aQDAAnd this is the toolkit issued by Sony to create Variants:https://developer.sony.com/downloads/camera-file/sony-camera-remote-api-beta-sdk/At the moment there is no real options available to just take the feed without the control options.From seeing some variants people have created I'm sure it is possible I just don't have the knowledge and understanding of java and programming in general to decipher the code.From my functional testing of variations of the code nothing need be changed in the camera is simply the apk package needs to be formulated. Or my guess the appropriate entries be commented out to disable buttons and on screen aids.

​Is the image displayed on the phone rendered on the camera with overlay already in place before transmitted to your phone or after.
If the live feed has the overlay before then you wont be able to capture the footage without it.
If it's your phone app overlaying the video then it's just a matter of removing the overlay before it's rendered.

I would have a look and do it the cheap and nasty way of finding how the overlay is rendered/combined to the original image and just alter the screen position of the icons to off screen. Shouldn't break anything but will make the icons disappear.

Original Poster

kester76

I would have a look and do it the cheap and nasty way of finding how the … I would have a look and do it the cheap and nasty way of finding how the overlay is rendered/combined to the original image and just alter the screen position of the icons to off screen. Shouldn't break anything but will make the icons disappear.

Is there
Any way you could take look at the sdk Sony offers up for modding the app and point me in the right direction for doing this?

The package is here:

developer.sony.com/dow…dk/

??

Original Poster

kester76

​Is the image displayed on the phone rendered on the camera with overlay a … ​Is the image displayed on the phone rendered on the camera with overlay already in place before transmitted to your phone or after.If the live feed has the overlay before then you wont be able to capture the footage without it.If it's your phone app overlaying the video then it's just a matter of removing the overlay before it's rendered.

I have no way of knowing this for sure as the app is present both in camera and on remote device separately. The camera does not display the relayed information that appears on the phone/tablet.

I have seen other people modify the buttons to make more or less the same app but nobody has bothered to simply make a live view app. Seems crazy as I have several monitors which are huge compared to phones baring the same screen size. I'm just after it for personal use mind, lugging monitors is messing my creativity and a puny 3 inch display is somewhat of a joke for composition value

Original Poster

To get something workable would be a huge help, maybe a thankyou card would be in order ..

Bashop

Is there Any way you could take look at the sdk Sony offers up for … Is there Any way you could take look at the sdk Sony offers up for modding the app and point me in the right direction for doing this?The package is here:https://developer.sony.com/downloads/camera-file/sony-camera-remote-api-beta-sdk/??

Sorry mate, without the hardware it's going to be tricky as it's a lot easier to prod the code and check what the changes do Just give it a go yourself, everything is free you just need to install the SDK and toolkits.

Original Poster

OK
Would you be able to direct me as to which file contains the code that specifies the positioning of the resources?

kester76

Sorry mate, without the hardware it's going to be tricky as it's a lot … Sorry mate, without the hardware it's going to be tricky as it's a lot easier to prod the code and check what the changes do Just give it a go yourself, everything is free you just need to install the SDK and toolkits.

Bashop

OKWould you be able to direct me as to which file contains the code that … OKWould you be able to direct me as to which file contains the code that specifies the positioning of the resources?

​Look for the user interface section. It should be in there.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Wifi extender67
    2. Uploading screen recordings/images online22
    3. Iptv66
    4. Gamecube Component Cable56

See more discussions