Help, critical_structure_corruption on PC

Found 5th Dec 2017
I have pretty much done everything that google has turned up.

1. scanned cpu for errors
2, scanned hard drive
3. scanned windows memory
4. updated all drivers
5. opened and removed dust from graphics card etc

I havent reinstalled windows yet.

Nothing seems to have solved the problem. I get about half an hour of use before it blue screens.

This is my sons gaming computer and he has asked for my advice.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Install a program or if the pc already has an option keep track of the temperature, do the fans wind up a while before it blue screens?.
Edited by: "catbeans" 5th Dec 2017
Full of dust and overheating?
Critical structure corruption of what, the hard drive's file system?
Original Poster
its not overheating, it blue screens even doing simple tasks like google search, but it is random irrespective of which apps are open.

Cleaned it yesterday with compressed air, wasnt too bad.
Edited by: "Teqnophile" 6th Dec 2017
Perhaps do a windows repair. You'll need to go into advanced options when you boot up.
Teqnophile1 h, 50 m ago

its not overheating, it blue screens when only on google.Cleaned it …its not overheating, it blue screens when only on google.Cleaned it yesterday with compressed air, wasnt too bad.

Maybe ram issue.
try a different browser, i.e. if it only does it on google , its only doing it when using the webbrowser
Try uninstalling google chrome and reinstalling another version of it.

It may well be a ram issue as chrome uses a fair bit if you have a lot of windows open.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 5th Dec 2017
Original Poster
I read my peviouse post and I have clarified when it blue screens
Teqnophile17 h, 16 m ago

its not overheating, it blue screens even doing simple tasks like google …its not overheating, it blue screens even doing simple tasks like google search, but it is random irrespective of which apps are open.Cleaned it yesterday with compressed air, wasnt too bad.

Can you provide a complete description of the problem? Troubleshooting advice is impossible to give without knowing what's the symptoms are to begin with.

So what happens, when did it start happening, has it changed since it started happening, and so on. Some basic details about the computer would be useful too - I'm guessing it's running some version of Windows if you're seeing blue screens.

Blue screen is an unrecoverable error which is almost always caused by a core software component (generally drivers) or a hardware fault.
Original Poster
-Running Windows 10
-Had issues before caused by my graphics card (Would randomly turn screen black until I restarted), but was resolved by cleaning the insides of the PC.
-Only changes I've noticed is that this happened about a week after buying a new keyboard (Cherry mx)
Try reseating the RAM in different slots.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 6th Dec 2017
After the critical structure corruption does it have anything else, like the name of a driver? If so what is it?

otherwise it’ll be hardware probably the graphics card. Try removing it and running on onboard.

What psu do you have?
Original Poster
Thank you or all the advice
will be removing ram one stick at a time to see if that helps
then will try the graphics card.
Original Poster
Just a quick update

removed graphics - still crashed
removed ram one at a time still crashed

restored back to a previous restore point , before all the trouble started and has been working without incident for a week.

Thanks to everyone for their help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants