Expired

Help - Dangerously high water temperature?

Found 2nd Apr
Our boiler is playing up. It switches itself on approximately every hour. The hot water out of the tap has never been this hot. I notice it switches on at around 66 degrees and goes all the way up to 89.

Now if this is a setting that I can change that's fine, I just wanted to know if the above figures could cause damage to pipes or an explosion etc.

Would appreciate any advice.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
On the front of the boiler (under the flap) there should be a dial or +/- button with a pic of a tap. Some models have a menu where you have to press the menu button until you see the tap symbol and then hit the down arrow.

Is it showing any error codes?

No water in copper pipes at 89°c will not be an issue with copper pipes but will burn hands.

If you don't need the boiler just turn it off tonight and investigate in the morning.
Do you know what make and model the boiler is?
Zak_K13 m ago

It's quite old. Vaillant ecomax 824/2 E

Can't seem to find a picture of the controls on Google. Most Vaillant models have a dial for hot water and one for central heating.

Can you post a picture of the controls?
33560683-NU8qU.jpgIf it this version, there are 2 dials. Think too one is hot water, turn that most likely anti clockwise to dial down the water temperatures
If you have the running hot water temperature set to hight than it will turn on regularly to maintain the high temperature
Try resetting the boiler, watch this video
adamderak7 m ago

[Image] If it this version, there are 2 dials. Think too one is hot water, …[Image] If it this version, there are 2 dials. Think too one is hot water, turn that most likely anti clockwise to dial down the water temperatures

Top one , not too one
I know it doesn't really help, but bright side at least your water is hot enough. New boiler installed and I can't even run a bath, washing up is hit and miss. Apparently its due to some silly eu rule and max temperatures. I guess I'm just trying to say if eventually you think you need to replace be careful.
chezybezy2 h, 7 m ago

I know it doesn't really help, but bright side at least your water is hot …I know it doesn't really help, but bright side at least your water is hot enough. New boiler installed and I can't even run a bath, washing up is hit and miss. Apparently its due to some silly eu rule and max temperatures. I guess I'm just trying to say if eventually you think you need to replace be careful.

Sounds like a faulty repair or faulty installation and you have been given some EU fodder
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants