Groups

Help deciphering / translating Starbucks - Costa terminology

Banned
    OK I've just about mastered the art of ordering some of the ******** drinks available in the local starbucks, but imagine my horror when forced to visit something called 'Costa'

Please could someone tell me how to order a (Starbucks speak) Cream Caramel Frappuccino in Costa talk. It's a iced drink, but not one of the coffee ones.

Thanks in advance, and lots of rep for anyone who can solved this major life issue for me.

29 Comments

could poss delete shullbit ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ as is not hukd terminology :giggle::giggle:

Something along the lines of.........."Hi, can i order one of those things that cost you 3p to make and you charge £3 for?" *wait* "Oh...........that's all your drinks? Hmmmmmmm........well the Caramel one please " :-D

Original Poster Banned

fixed silly first-post censor bug.

Nescaffe Please You Spotty Nonce

raptorcigs;6065655

LOL

Then would you chomp his head off?

Frappuccino? DO THEY HAVE SOMEONE BRAKING WIND IN YOUR COFFEE?

Original Poster Banned

raptorcigs;6065671

Frappuccino? DO THEY HAVE SOMEONE BRAKING WIND IN YOUR COFFEE?

its not a coffee, but almost certainly yes.

Syzable;6065593

Something along the lines of.........."Hi, can i order one of those … Something along the lines of.........."Hi, can i order one of those things that cost you 3p to make and you charge £3 for?" *wait* "Oh...........that's all your drinks? Hmmmmmmm........well the Caramel one please " :-D

haha

vibeone;6065628

fixed silly first-post censor bug.

hahaha

raptorcigs;6065655

hahahaha

The American Influence Is Among Us Even Greyhound Busses Are Comming To London

ooh, ain't you posh!

how about' "coffee with that 'caramel' ? "

Original Poster Banned

rugger-tyke;6065744

ooh, ain't you posh!how about' "coffee with that 'caramel' ? "

It's not coffee! and its icey.

Any serious answers?

Walk out of Costa, turn left, walk 20 yards where there's bound to be a Starbucks, order correct drink

Simples

I believe they are called Massimo Iced [name of flavour wanted].

sancho1983;6065920

Walk out of Costa, turn left, walk 20 yards where there's bound to be a … Walk out of Costa, turn left, walk 20 yards where there's bound to be a Starbucks, order correct drinkSimples

+1

Costa(lotofmoney) Coffee is crap compared to the 'bucks.

Original Poster Banned

sancho1983;6065920

Walk out of Costa, turn left, walk 20 yards where there's bound to be a … Walk out of Costa, turn left, walk 20 yards where there's bound to be a Starbucks, order correct drinkSimples

Well I kinda agree, but I've got a real sudden addiction to these things, and starbucks is not as prevalent here as Costa

Original Poster Banned

kimbyanne;6065934

I believe they are called Massimo Iced [name of flavour wanted].

Thanks, is that for the cream ones as well though?

Original Poster Banned

It seems frappachinos are frescata's?

Banned

vibeone;6065998

It seems frappachinos are frescata's?

correct, :thumbsup:

massimo is the size of it - which is really big - its a frescatto and their double chocolate one is the nuts

Original Poster Banned

sn0ttyang3l;6066457

massimo is the size of it - which is really big - its a frescatto and … massimo is the size of it - which is really big - its a frescatto and their double chocolate one is the nuts

Thank you. I might go for Caramel Crunch as I'm told its caramel and biscuit rather than caramel and nuts?

yes that is a good one too - make sure they put the crunchy bits on top of the cream it certainly makes a lovely drink in the sun

Original Poster Banned

sn0ttyang3l;6066533

yes that is a good one too - make sure they put the crunchy bits on top … yes that is a good one too - make sure they put the crunchy bits on top of the cream it certainly makes a lovely drink in the sun

OK Final questions....

1) Do you get a straw.

2) How do you say Frescato's

Rep for you by the way

vibeone;6066552

OK Final questions....1) Do you get a straw.2) How do you say … OK Final questions....1) Do you get a straw.2) How do you say Frescato'sRep for you by the way

fresss - cat - oh

yes you get a straw - and if you want more than one straw they are on the counter beside where you collect your drink from - you say it as it reads - except its not 'to' at the end but pronounced 'toe' so you need to pronounce it - fress car toe -

Next time Ryanair do their £1 flights, suggest you go over to Milan for a proper coffee, you'll get the whole thing and change for your £3 at Starbucks :thumbsup:

Syzable;6065593

Something along the lines of.........."Hi, can i order one of those … Something along the lines of.........."Hi, can i order one of those things that cost you 3p to make and you charge £3 for?" *wait* "Oh...........that's all your drinks? Hmmmmmmm........well the Caramel one please " :-D

raptorcigs;6065655

:lol::lol::lol:

look on the list of drinks they offer for sale, find one same or similar, order it, havent got it?, go somewhere they have..... cant walk into burger king and ask for a 'big mac' type burger

Original Poster Banned

Babbabooey;6066630

fresss - cat - oh

Thanks - as I thought, but just thought I'd check!

sn0ttyang3l;6066650

yes you get a straw - and if you want more than one straw they are on the … yes you get a straw - and if you want more than one straw they are on the counter beside where you collect your drink from - you say it as it reads - except its not 'to' at the end but pronounced 'toe' so you need to pronounce it - fress car toe -

Excellent - I am now much more at ease. Next up - cafe nero!! eek.

MrGrumpyman;6066673

Next time Ryanair do their £1 flights, suggest you go over to Milan for a … Next time Ryanair do their £1 flights, suggest you go over to Milan for a proper coffee, you'll get the whole thing and change for your £3 at Starbucks :thumbsup:

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918
      4. One thing you've forgotten79

See more discussions