Help. Do not know passcode

Posted 8th Mar
My daughter borrowed spare iPhone 5 changed passcode and has now forgotten it. How on eart do I get into the phone ? I don’t have itiune either or iCloud.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Or you could just give the phone back to the rightful owner who will know the pass code or Icloud account code.
16 Comments
You will need to restore it . Do you have a computer ? If you do download iTunes and restore it
Only way is to restore it via iTunes. You'll need to also log into the iCloud account attached to the phone during the restore process so I hope you know it.
I haven’t got an iCloud
Hepybaby08/03/2020 17:43

I haven’t got an iCloud

It’s the email address used when the phone was setup
That’s the point I haven’t got it because my daughter lent it to a friend who used it fell out with them !
Hepybaby08/03/2020 18:00

That’s the point I haven’t got it because my daughter lent it to a friend w …That’s the point I haven’t got it because my daughter lent it to a friend who used it fell out with them !

You will need to get in touch with them to get it otherwise you can’t get into the phone without remembering the passcode
Even if you do manage to remember the passcode, if you don't know the password for the iCloud account you'll never be able to remove it, won't be able to purchase anything nor restore the phone if you needed to.
Or you could just give the phone back to the rightful owner who will know the pass code or Icloud account code.
It’s my phone!!!!!!!! I have lent it to my daughter who lent it to a friend who then fell out so ivennot got hervdetsulsv
I’ve managed to do a restore which has removed iTunes account. Without having to log into anything
Hepybaby08/03/2020 19:00

I’ve managed to do a restore which has removed iTunes account. Without h …I’ve managed to do a restore which has removed iTunes account. Without having to log into anything

Can you please tell me how to factory reset an iPhone 4 (PM if needed).
I can't remember the passcode or my iTunes details. It's been 8 years or so since I last used it.
Hepybaby08/03/2020 19:00

I’ve managed to do a restore which has removed iTunes account. Without h …I’ve managed to do a restore which has removed iTunes account. Without having to log into anything

I’m surprised, I thought the security/ anti theft process on Apple devices required you to log in?
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell08/03/2020 21:21

Can you please tell me how to factory reset an iPhone 4 (PM if needed).I …Can you please tell me how to factory reset an iPhone 4 (PM if needed).I can't remember the passcode or my iTunes details. It's been 8 years or so since I last used it.

Not a chance!
Timschoice08/03/2020 23:33

I’m surprised, I thought the security/ anti theft process on Apple devices …I’m surprised, I thought the security/ anti theft process on Apple devices required you to log in?

Me too. I had to restore an iPhone for the old boy next door as he 'swears he never' put a passcode on the phone and it asked me to log into his iCloud account during the process. Luckily he remembered that part.

AFAIK it's impossible to wipe an iPhone and make it useable again without removing the old iCloud account.
Edited by: "McShane1" 9th Mar
AndyWalker8509/03/2020 07:25

Not a chance!

OK thanks. I'll factory reset it with a hammer
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants