Groups

HELP!! Does anyone know if this is a trusted site??

Looking for a pair of the black snow boots but can't get them on the official Timberland site, I have googled loads of sites but they all look very similar and have the same layout, My gut feeling is DODGY but is their anyway of finding out? timberlandboots2sale.co.uk/sit…tml

6 Comments

Domain name:
    timberlandboots2sale.co.uk

Registrant:
    hu ping

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    nan shan qu chuanye lu
    shenzhen
    410 207
    China

Registered through:
    GoDaddy.com, Inc.
    URL: godaddy.com

Registrar:
    Key-Systems GmbH [Tag = KEY-SYSTEMS-DE]
    URL: key-systems.net

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 26-Oct-2010
    Renewal date: 26-Oct-2012
    Last updated: 26-Oct-2010

In a nut shell NO don't trust it

Just think about it, does timberlandboots2sale sound ok to you?

If in any doubt stay clear. Also as simplyjimbo has done do a Whois search and you will get allsorts of details that help make an informed choice

This is interesting topic.
    But what is the correct address of whois?
    Google search brings up several different sites.
    Thanks

Original Poster

simplyjimbo

Domain name:timberlandboots2sale.co.ukRegistrant:hu pingRegistrant … Domain name:timberlandboots2sale.co.ukRegistrant:hu pingRegistrant type:UnknownRegistrant's address:nan shan qu chuanye lushenzhen410 207ChinaRegistered through:GoDaddy.com, Inc.URL:http://www.godaddy.comRegistrar:Key-Systems GmbH [Tag = KEY-SYSTEMS-DE]URL:http://www.Key-Systems.netRelevant dates:Registered on: 26-Oct-2010Renewal date: 26-Oct-2012Last updated: 26-Oct-2010In a nut shell NO don't trust it

Thank you SJ, what did you do to find out all that stuff, I'm not that hot with the old computer, Cheers.

Spamdog

just visit a site like domaintools.com, enter the website address you want to check. You will then get to see who / where the website is registered to. If something doesn't look right to you ie location (ie China where most counterfeit goods are sold and come from, or the site has just recently been registered normally you can make decision from there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened23
      2. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?45
      3. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed11
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA55

See more discussions