HELP EBAY buyer claim empty box received!

Found 25th Aug 2011
hi,

i sold a juicer , sent the item recorded sign for.

buyer filed claim against ebay claiming item significantly not as described, item not in box

i am LIVID as i am a genuine seller, it couldnt be empty as my receipt shown the weight of the juicer.

what should i do now? SHOULD I CONTACT ROYAL MAIL? can someBODY HELP?
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
I would reply to the claim on ebay saying what you have just said....bizarrely!
They they are claiming empty... show the proof of postage to the seller with the weight of the parcel sent -

The item could of been stolen in transit though
Edited by: "RickT" 25th Aug 2011
Sweet Jesus. WTF do you think you should do?
It really depends on they buyers wording, are they saying that the parcel was opened in any way when received, or that its been nicely sealed and you haven't put it in the box? As its been signed for and you have the proof of weight, scan it and upload to dispute stating the weight when sent would indicate there was an item in the box, ask buyer for a picture of stamp to show the weight.
I just remembered why I never sell anything on ebay. What a hassle!
Has the buyer actually stated the box was empty or just the item was not in it. Can they claim there were objects in the box to give the perception that their was an item in the box. If they are a serial scammer they will have the answers EBAY want to hear.

Then again they could be genuine and the postie has lifted it but i doubt it if they opened up a dispute before contacting you and giving you the chance to explain things.
If you have proof of posting just claim it back from the Post Office
Start a discussion with Ebay but it looks like you are at least out the item if you have to refund the money or they snatch it back via Paypal
why the hell would you sign for a juicer which has a decent weight and the package they have received weighs virtually nothing.

buyers pulling a fast one, arseholes.
The thing is Ebay have stopped you from identifying serial scammers by taking away the ability to leave negative feedback as a seller.

If the buyer says the box was empty then that is complete rubbish as it wouldn't of weighed very much and I'm pretty sure most people could tell the difference between an empty box and a box with a juicer in!
Price of postage on your receipt should reflect the boxes weight.
PM Adnan the guy's details. He runs an assistance service for this sort of thing, I hear.
theres going to be a MASSIVE difference between the weight of the empty box and the box with the juicer in, when the person files a dispute, respond with what you have just said above - there will be a final desision made. If it goes against you... get hold of ebay explain the situation and say you will never use ebay again... send a copy of the reciept to them via email or a copy via post, they should look again and fingers xxxxx they will see your point and the dispute will be finalised again in (hopefully) your favour. This happened to me 2, its a bit long winded but you'll get there.. x
dxx

PM Adnan the guy's details. He runs an assistance service for this sort … PM Adnan the guy's details. He runs an assistance service for this sort of thing, I hear.

I had to lol
happened to me as a buyer. purchased a camcorder and received just the charger.

only way paypal would refund was for me to obtain a crime report from the police. which i did and got my money back. was a nightmare to get the report as the police class such matters as a "civil" matter.

if the buyer is not as clued up then he/she may just give up in pursueing it
t0mm

why the hell would you sign for a juicer which has a decent weight and … why the hell would you sign for a juicer which has a decent weight and the package they have received weighs virtually nothing.buyers pulling a fast one, arseholes.

I agree but sometimes people order a number of things and they can't be sure which parcel has what item in it.
I'm still siding with the op though.
thanks everybody for the advice.

any update?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants