HELP ebay seller trying to get out of pay pal claim

I bought a N64 off of ebay for my son, when it arrived (in not so good packaging, which i kept) it was not working properly. I contacted the seller who told me that one of the controllers had always been a bit funny but they did'nt know why i was having a problem with the console. They had insured the item when they posted it. My next 2 emails did not get a reponse so i raised a claim with pay pal. They have basically said that nowhere in the listing did they say that the console worked so they have not been misleading. It is now for Pay pal to decide the outcome.

Can they get away with this?????

Thanks for any advise.

2 Comments

No they can't, if they don't state it isn't working then it has to be presumed to be in working condition. Paypal will find in your favour, they usually always favour the buyer. :thumbsup:

Also report them to eBay.

Original Poster

Syzable

No they can't, if they don't state it isn't working then it has to be … No they can't, if they don't state it isn't working then it has to be presumed to be in working condition. Paypal will find in your favour, they usually always favour the buyer. :thumbsup:Also report them to eBay.

Thanks, i have emailed ebay as i could not find the right box to tick.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553750
    2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1942
    3. CCleaner software compromised by hackers1525
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313798

See more discussions