Groups

HELP- epson r320 wont show in windows

hi everyone

i am having trouble with my printer,i cant get it installed on windows xp service pack 3.

the funnny thing is when i plug the usb cable into the pc nothing happens (no silly noise) i have changed usb port and still nothing. i have tried a new cable and thats not working either,

is it something silly or is the printer broke?

thanks in advance

8 Comments

Banned

check its not installed already and if it is, uninstall it and start again

Original Poster

just deleted the file heres hoping!

Original Poster

nope its failing at
    "communicating with the computer, please wait for 2 moniutes"

saying

"the product cannot be recognised"

any one any ideas?

Original Poster

anyone?

you usually need to install the drivers and then you'll be prompted to plug in the printer. Check device manager for unknown devices. Finally and most importantly RTFM

Original Poster

thanks but i already RTFM and its FU.

anyone out there any ideas

synderella

thanks but i already RTFM and its FU. anyone out there any ideas

lol

sounds like the usb port is malfunctioning or perhaps other software is interfering with the process.(clear via run,msconfig)
    remove the printer( if its there) through control panel,the 320r fwir is a aio so make sure you also remove any other non required usb device/drivers(composite devices) in devicemanager as one of these may be the scanner driver fouling the install
    connect through an alternate port on the rear of the machine but leave powered off, make sure you have the right drivers from epson website.
    normal procedure for epson is to only connect or power on when the install routine tells you to.

Edited by: "maddogb" 9th Oct 2010

synderella1 person likes thismittu1

thanks but i already RTFM and its FU. anyone out there any ideas

lol, it's defintely FU
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians812
      2. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?710
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1319
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414

See more discussions