help error on laptop

Toshiba laptop coming up with NTLDR is missing and press cntrl alt delete to restart but goes back to the NTLDR is missing. any ideas what has gone wrong..

8 Comments

I think you get that error when the laptop cannot see windows on your hard drive.

This problem may occur if the basic input/output system (BIOS) on your computer is outdated, or if one or more of the following Windows boot files are missing or damaged

support.microsoft.com/kb/…728

Is it a XP machine? I used to get this error on XP because the SATA drivers were not installed for the hard drive. If it is you are supposed to install the drivers when installing windows from the disc. There is a quick fix for this that I used to use but it involves using a floppy disc.

Dont suppose it's an old laptop with a floppy drive and you have left a disk in the drive.

Also go in to BIOS and make sure the laptop is set to boot from hard disk.

Original Poster

thank you for all your help:thumbsup: i will let you know when it is fixed:thumbsup:

i had the same problem i deleted some files i should not have had to reinstall windows xp solved problem
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763958
    2. Better watch out for these...912
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    4. GOT Leaks again514

See more discussions