help: fast charge has disabled my lockscreen

Found 21st Jun 2016
when I got up this morning my battery was below 15% so i had a notification telling me battery was low. I had a notification saying something about making charging more efficient so I clicked it (mainly coz i was still half asleep & just wanted it to go away)
anyway long story shot I had a screen lock pin set up. Now when i pres the power button the screen goes to sleep but when i press it again it wakes up & doesnt ask me to input my screen unlock pin.
I have tried to set it up again & it lets me go through the rigmarole but doesnt actually work when i go do it. i think the app in question is either kingroot or purify but i uninstalled purify & it made no differnce.
in kingroot under 3 dots top right - general settings - there is an accelearte charging option, i think it was this that I actived this morning. however i have now deactived it but the issue of the lock screen pin not working still exists.

does anyone have any idea? short of a factory reset & i have no idea how that will affect my phone since its rooted i'm out of ideas.
Community Updates
19 Comments
take a look at es file explorer if you have it, sounds like the sort of thing I had
spencer24

take a look at es file explorer if you have it, sounds like the sort of … take a look at es file explorer if you have it, sounds like the sort of thing I had

i don't have es file explorer.
i can install it but what exactly do you want me to do with it? what was the issue you had?
i can set up a lock screen using smart app lock which is what i use to lock individual apps, but i have no idea why the standard one isnt working. it was working before this fast chargin thing so its definately something to do with that but i've unselected the fast charge thing & still lock screen doesnt work
if you don't have es file explorer then it's a different fault, want phone do you have?
i don't have es file explorer.

i can install it but what exactly do you want me to do with it? what was the issue you had?

i can set up a lock screen using smart app lock which is what i use to lock individual apps, but i have no idea why the standard one isnt working. it was working before this fast chargin thing so its definately something to do with that but i've unselected the fast charge thing & still lock screen doesnt work

Does your lock screen now show a blue screen with a battery in the middle? Does it say "Quick Charge" or DU Quick Charge or something similar?

If it does then it's malware/adware that has been installed by one of your other apps. Lots of apps are now including the malware in their default installation, as the developers make money from the ads that it displays. It's a shame, but many big name android apps now include this adware that overrides' the lock screen. Look through all of your apps that have recently been installed or updated. Google should really ban this type of behaviour as it's getting out of control.
chancooluk

i don't have es file explorer.i can install it but what exactly do you … i don't have es file explorer.i can install it but what exactly do you want me to do with it? what was the issue you had?i can set up a lock screen using smart app lock which is what i use to lock individual apps, but i have no idea why the standard one isnt working. it was working before this fast chargin thing so its definately something to do with that but i've unselected the fast charge thing & still lock screen doesnt workDoes your lock screen now show a blue screen with a battery in the middle? Does it say "Quick Charge" or DU Quick Charge or something similar?If it does then it's malware/adware that has been installed by one of your other apps. Lots of apps are now including the malware in their default installation, as the developers make money from the ads that it displays. It's a shame, but many big name android apps now include this adware that overrides' the lock screen. Look through all of your apps that have recently been installed or updated. Google should really ban this type of behaviour as it's getting out of control.

i'd take a photo but dont have another phone to take a photo with .
its not the DU one i've used it before.
it has a fan like symbol in the bottom left kind alike 4 leaf clover. but i've now disabled that i think it's park of kingroot option. so it not longer appears but i still cant seem to make my lock screen work
If you contact Samsung they will tell you to do a soft reset then a hard reset to reload the software, sounds like you have a glitch, is it the galaxy s7 by any chance?
spencer24

if you don't have es file explorer then it's a different fault, want … if you don't have es file explorer then it's a different fault, want phone do you have?

its an infocus m560 (chinese crap) but just to be clear this issue has only just occured. the lock screen was working fine, it seems to have been me enabling the fast charge performance thing that has caused it to not work. but as I say i have now disabled the fast charge thing but he issue still remains.
so confused.
westy125

If you contact Samsung they will tell you to do a soft reset then a hard … If you contact Samsung they will tell you to do a soft reset then a hard reset to reload the software, sounds like you have a glitch, is it the galaxy s7 by any chance?

it's not a samsung....
right ok, its via kingroot & called accelerated charging. it means when the phone is charging the special "lock" screen is shown. has a fan like system bootom left, padlock in the bottom middle & camera in the bottom right.
I can disable this option so that when the phone is charging this screen no longer appears.
BUT the issue is that before i activated that option this morning, when i pressed the power button to lock the screen it would sleep then i press power button to wake it up it made me put in my pin code lock screen unlock . It now no longer does that. when i press the power button to wake up it automatically unlocks the screen despite me goinginto settings & enabling screen lock & the accelerated charing thing being disabled.
little_green

its an infocus m560 (chinese crap) but just to be clear this issue has … its an infocus m560 (chinese crap) but just to be clear this issue has only just occured. the lock screen was working fine, it seems to have been me enabling the fast charge performance thing that has caused it to not work. but as I say i have now disabled the fast charge thing but he issue still remains.so confused.

​Ok, not to sound funny but you say it's Chinese crap? What do you expect from it? To work as well as an iPhone or galaxy? Never heard of it myself, good luck in fixing
westy125

​Ok, not to sound funny but you say it's Chinese crap? What do you e … ​Ok, not to sound funny but you say it's Chinese crap? What do you expect from it? To work as well as an iPhone or galaxy? Never heard of it myself, good luck in fixing

If you're not trying to be funny, why leave a comment that is not funny or useful? not everyone can afford to send £500+ on a phone
little_green

right ok, its via kingroot & called accelerated charging. it means when … right ok, its via kingroot & called accelerated charging. it means when the phone is charging the special "lock" screen is shown. has a fan like system bootom left, padlock in the bottom middle & camera in the bottom right.I can disable this option so that when the phone is charging this screen no longer appears.BUT the issue is that before i activated that option this morning, when i pressed the power button to lock the screen it would sleep then i press power button to wake it up it made me put in my pin code lock screen unlock . It now no longer does that. when i press the power button to wake up it automatically unlocks the screen despite me goinginto settings & enabling screen lock & the accelerated charing thing being disabled.

It is probably an app that came with king root and when you clicked yes, you gave it root access the best thing you could do is either do a clean software install or install something like titanium backup and remove any apps you are not familiar with
When you have sorted which app is at fault you could try this tutorial on how to replace Kingroot with Supersu. Kingroot does come with built in malware.

forum.xda-developers.com/and…594
thanks spencer.
i have titanium backup pro installed already. that's why i used kingroot in first place in order to remove suspicious stuff.
hearing mixed things about king root. what kinda malware does it have?
I don't think it's anything malicious, just annoying
spencer24

I don't think it's anything malicious, just annoying

ah livable then
thanks for your help
little_green

right ok, its via kingroot & called accelerated charging. it means when … right ok, its via kingroot & called accelerated charging. it means when the phone is charging the special "lock" screen is shown. has a fan like system bootom left, padlock in the bottom middle & camera in the bottom right.I can disable this option so that when the phone is charging this screen no longer appears.BUT the issue is that before i activated that option this morning, when i pressed the power button to lock the screen it would sleep then i press power button to wake it up it made me put in my pin code lock screen unlock . It now no longer does that. when i press the power button to wake up it automatically unlocks the screen despite me goinginto settings & enabling screen lock & the accelerated charing thing being disabled.

If you mean "automatically unlocks the screen" as in it goes to home page without showing the lock screen at all, then check your developer options to see if "Skip screen lock" is enabled. Normally with custom lockscreens you have to disable your default one otherwise you get a double lock. If accelerated charging is a custom lockscreen program, it may have enabled that setting. If you have now disabled the accelerated charging, then the "Skip screen lock" setting might still be enabled.
kingroot is famous for installing crapware. I had it and apps used to get install the time.

Got rid of it and used kingo to root the phone. I also have chinese cheapo phone.

Make sure you always have do not install from unknown sources and authorisation to
install on your system.
Kingroot and all the similarly related apps are basically viruses, I wouldn't dare have any account logins on a device with them on it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants