Help Finding a budget holiday in August

Found 10th AprEdited by:"nick1981"
Hi Guys - ok i know what im asking for might sound impossible but it wont stop me trying.

I have a budget of £1,200 - which i know will not stretch very far and my searches with sites like on the beach are proving this.

However i'm trying to get a beach holiday for 2 Adults and 1 Child (a 3 year old) to anywhere that will be hot and have a nice family feel to it - we've considered Majorca but it seems to be quite expensive for our budget. Ideally we would love Spain, Greece or Malta - but somewhere with a family feel and places to go on a night time.

Are there any websites you can go onto where you can simply type your budget and places where you will consider and it then brings up available options?

I have attempted doing my own search via SkyScanner for the flights and booking.com with the hotel but these searches seem best if you know specifically where you want to go - whereas we are more happy finding something that matches out budget.
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
You might be better mentioning departure airport.

Go to Skyscanner

Departure airport -
Destination - Everywhere

Month - August.

And see what cheap flights there is?
Tui will allow you to do that to a certain extent in that you can just put in any destination as an option. Jet2 are usually quite cheap too and you can search by budget. It might help if you say dates airport board basis etc so we can help look. Menorca is really lovely and family orientated too if Majorca is too busy.
Hi Guys and many thanks for your early replies.
My local airport would be Leeds Bradford - however i would be fine going from Doncaster and Manchester too.

In terms of dates we would like to go for a week either Friday 10th August til Friday 17th August or Saturday 11th August til Saturday 18th August.

I would even be honest and say if anyone can find me a really really great deal i would happily pay you £20 (if its suitable) for searching as it will no doubt save me alot more than £20..... ps i dont want to break any of the sites rules by saying that, im just quite desperate to get a good deal.
nick19817 m ago

Hi Guys and many thanks for your early replies.My local airport would be …Hi Guys and many thanks for your early replies.My local airport would be Leeds Bradford - however i would be fine going from Doncaster and Manchester too.In terms of dates we would like to go for a week either Friday 10th August til Friday 17th August or Saturday 11th August til Saturday 18th August.I would even be honest and say if anyone can find me a really really great deal i would happily pay you £20 (if its suitable) for searching as it will no doubt save me alot more than £20..... ps i dont want to break any of the sites rules by saying that, im just quite desperate to get a good deal.

If you're looking Leeds Bradford then certainly look at jet2. They have the added advantage of daytime flights which is great with a wee one. You can also check how much the flights are from other airports too. If you find anything, pm me. I've a £60 rain check voucher you can have to bring the price down.
I'm in a similar situation to you.
How long you going to leave it before booking?
I've been told the best prices come about 2-3 weeks before you go.
But I've not been abroad for years so I'm well out of touch , I used to always just go into the local travel agents lol
skyscanner.net/tra…116

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hot…tml

Not sure if the links above will work ok, but Jet2 have Saturday flights to Ibiza, ( I understand old town is family friendly) . £341 plus luggage from Manchester.

Then research the trip advisor link to find a suitable hotel , if you join Expedia prices will also drop from those stated, and you can use topcashback too. Add that to the rain cheque that Psycho has and you could come in on budget . BUT it's not an area I am familiar with so research would be needed to get a suitable hotel .
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 10th Apr
none of my business I know but just wondered why you would want to go away in August with a 3 year old when all the kids will be off school and prices will be at their highest?
Maybe they can only take school holidays with their job, like my daughter who works in a school
Also depends whether you want self catering our half board for that price. Trivago is also good for checking accommodation prices. trivago.co.uk/?iP…BwE
Turkey,high quality low price, food and entertainment is good. Check the hotel on TripAdvisor to make sure.
Those Manchester flights are fantastic I will give that serious consideration , especially if I can get a rain cheque code to reduce by a further £60 - if we can get an accommodation at a reasonable price I might go for it.
Am I correct in thinking their are a few decent family resorts in Ibiza?

We are tied to these dates due to our jobs.

## edit - whilst the flights are excellent, prices for accomodation for Ibiza this time of year is coming up quite expensive with trivago :o( ##
Edited by: "nick1981" 10th Apr
nick198116 m ago

Those Manchester flights are fantastic I will give that serious …Those Manchester flights are fantastic I will give that serious consideration , especially if I can get a rain cheque code to reduce by a further £60 - if we can get an accommodation at a reasonable price I might go for it.Am I correct in thinking their are a few decent family resorts in Ibiza?We are tied to these dates due to our jobs.

You can search family friendly hotels on trip advisor too , which should help , it's a secondary search criteria you can add in. Spent all last Saturday researching holidays so was still in the searching mood Trip advisor rooms start from £78 a night for that week ,but as I said I would research them via the reviews .
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 10th Apr
Yea thanks for the info -
Currently checking accomodation now for Ibiza for resorts such as -
Cala Longa
Santa Eulialia
Es Cana

Hoping to find a nice one for a decent price then might be able to book - fingers crossed.
nick19819 m ago

Yea thanks for the info -Currently checking accomodation now for Ibiza for …Yea thanks for the info -Currently checking accomodation now for Ibiza for resorts such as -Cala LongaSanta EulialiaEs CanaHoping to find a nice one for a decent price then might be able to book - fingers crossed.

sometimes it is cheaper to book a package holiday. I'd check both options. If you book seperately, remember to include baggage costs, transfers etc. Also if booking through air bnb or the like, he aware you may not be And a bonded or the like. Also have a look around barcelona. There is a lovely stretch of coast around there and flights are abundant. The city is fabulous too and if you want to book flights and hotels seperately, the airport is easily accessible. Let me know if you need that code. Don't think it just works on flights though
I know and it seems that when checking Jet2 package deals some of these are cheaper (once you include the transfer and cases that they give you), rather than booking your own flights with skyscanner and own hotel with trivago.

I’ve never previously booked a really late deal so wondering if I hold off til say a week before the 11th August are we likely to drop on a cheap deal - or is this too risky??

Any help/suggestions welcome
Edited by: "nick1981" 10th Apr
nick19811 h, 1 m ago

I know and it seems that when checking Jet2 package deals some of these …I know and it seems that when checking Jet2 package deals some of these are cheaper (once you include the transfer and cases that they give you), rather than booking your own flights with skyscanner and own hotel with trivago.I’ve never previously booked a really late deal so wondering if I hold off til say a week before the 11th August are we likely to drop on a cheap deal - or is this too risky??Any help/suggestions welcome

i haven't found that leaving it to the last minute works any more. Too risky especially as you want peak holiday season. You could get a bargain or you could end up in skegness.
Try portugal, cheaper and nicer than Spain.
nick198114 h, 8 m ago

Yea thanks for the info -Currently checking accomodation now for Ibiza for …Yea thanks for the info -Currently checking accomodation now for Ibiza for resorts such as -Cala LongaSanta EulialiaEs CanaHoping to find a nice one for a decent price then might be able to book - fingers crossed.

Have been to these resorts with my children and you will be fine any any of them, although I feel that Es Cana may be the best with a little one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions