Groups
    EXPIRED

Help finding a shop providing replacement mirrors for wardrobes

Hello

I live in East London. I broke the mirror on one of the wardrobes in the house I am renting.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to shops who would be able to provide me with a replacement mirror.

The wardrobe is this one -
    britanniawardrobes.co.uk/gal…jpg

The glass broken is the one on the right...with the grey-smoked out edges and 4 small mirrors in the middle...

I called Britannia Wardrobes and they suggested I find a local dealer who could replace only the mirror as they can only provide Frame+Mirror and not the mirror by itself.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated as I have to leave the house next month and need to fix the mirror before my landlord comes for the final inspection.

Thanks all!
    Greg.

5 Comments

That's a lot of glass to replace,it's going be expensive either way. I personally would just go with what the company can provide to make life easier.

Don't suppose landlord will be too happy and this item is on your tenancy inventory as perfect condition,kind of looks an expensive wardrobe,damn the furniture I used to have in partially furnished flats,not even a charity shop would want to take as donation.

have you tried a glazers?
    my local glazers does mirrors in made to measure sizes.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;6236782

That's a lot of glass to replace,it's going be expensive either way. I … That's a lot of glass to replace,it's going be expensive either way. I personally would just go with what the company can provide to make life easier.Don't suppose landlord will be too happy and this item is on your tenancy inventory as perfect condition,kind of looks an expensive wardrobe,damn the furniture I used to have in partially furnished flats,not even a charity shop would want to take as donation.

Yeah Britannia Wardrobes quoted 250 pounds for the mirror+frame This was a brand new house I moved into about a year back...gues will be looking for a house thats not too clean/polished nex time

Original Poster

landofdan;6236790

have you tried a glazers?my local glazers does mirrors in made to measure … have you tried a glazers?my local glazers does mirrors in made to measure sizes.

Thanks for the tip! Googling for a few locals ones now...

gregshukla;6236833

Yeah Britannia Wardrobes quoted 250 pounds for the mirror+frame This … Yeah Britannia Wardrobes quoted 250 pounds for the mirror+frame This was a brand new house I moved into about a year back...gues will be looking for a house thats not too clean/polished nex time

Wow £250,I could get a double bed,chest of drawers and a wardobe for that if waited for a right deal to be posted on here.
    Yeh my wardobes were flat packs from Argos lol,well I sold a couple before I moved,as got a built in wardobe here in my room now. I got a tenner for them both and whats left of the childrens,they just cheapo ones from Argos/Courts too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25104
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767411
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313805

See more discussions