Help finding OOS/discontinued Hobbycraft Glitter Caddy.

Posted 22nd Oct
Hoping this is the right place (and that someone can help). I haven't had much luck looking, but I know some of my fellow HUKD members are much better at this sort of thing than I am!

Looking for a gold glitter caddy (bright gold, not matt) from Hobbycraft to replace one which cracked, but they seem to be sold out everywhere I've looked (not even on the website anymore). Looks like this:
3313156.jpg
Wondering if anyone has seen any hidden in their local hobbycraft / has an unwanted gift lying around. I know it's a long shot, but finding one would really cheer someone up right now so worth asking :).

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I had a look around online but couldn't find anything for you. Sorry. Have you considered making your own? Buy one of their other ones - tin of permanent spray glue - and a shed load of gold glitter? Or, just a tin of gold 'glitter' spray paint?

I know you don't have to tell us but why this particular colour? As you say, HC do have others in a similar vein. I'm guessing some sort of sentimental reason perhaps?

Anyhoo, good luck with your search. I hope you can find a resolution.

Regards, Phsy.
Was having a search , and have just seen their green glitter one , and fallen in love with it . No help to you , and I’m going to end up spending money now
Further searching shows these are really popular for being customised for those little plastic lol dolls. Maybe search lol storage box on Etsy, eBay etc
ebay.co.uk/itm…C7S

maybe you could message this seller or similar and see if they will send a blank one
Phsycronix22/10/2019 19:25

I had a look around online but couldn't find anything for you. Sorry. Have …I had a look around online but couldn't find anything for you. Sorry. Have you considered making your own? Buy one of their other ones - tin of permanent spray glue - and a shed load of gold glitter? Or, just a tin of gold 'glitter' spray paint?I know you don't have to tell us but why this particular colour? As you say, HC do have others in a similar vein. I'm guessing some sort of sentimental reason perhaps?Anyhoo, good luck with your search. I hope you can find a resolution.Regards, Phsy.

Thanks! Sorry about the late reply, logged back in on the app and got a flood of notifications! Silly phone.

You're right, it's a sentimental thing. I mean, to me it's just a box, but the lady in question wants that gold or no other. Sadly haven't found the right colour, may just be out of luck right now but am certainly keeping an eye out
tinkerbellian22/10/2019 20:14

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Christmas-Personalised-LOL-Doll-Grey-Gold-Glitter-Storage-Box-Case/303253063875?hash=item469b4a88c3:g:LToAAOSwJO9dVC7Smaybe you could message this seller or similar and see if they will send a blank one

I think hobbycraft sell clear ones- or at least I've seen them somewhere, but not sure it'll look right me spray painting it. I reckon it's got to be a popular colour that'll come back into stock eventually. Hope you're enjoying the green one, sorry about the money waste!
It’s worse than that , I got there and they are two for £10 so I got the green and a second one too. Chelmsford branch had about 6 colours , although I’m sure they weren’t exactly the same as the online selection and stacks of them , I will be honest I couldn’t remember while I was there which one you wanted . Have you tried emailing hobbycraft direct , they may be able to source one for you in that colour still.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants