Help finding the name of a short film

Found 21st Mar 2009
Tried youtube and google but need help, It was on C4 years ago(10 or more??) and it's only about 10mins long if even that, It;s about a teenage boy who finds out his dad is a hitman and wants to follow in his father footsteps, His father tries to discourage him but he still wants to join, So his father takes him to the local killers club where he meets alot of familiar faces one being his uncle, So they come up with a plan to pretend that he needs to kill his uncle before he's allowed to join - Father puts gun on table and tells his son to kill his uncle then leaves room thinking that he won't do it and even if he does the guns empty, It has a great ending but I don't want to ruin it as i've more or less told you the whole plot, Anyway I can't remember any of the actors or the name of the film it was something like killers or assassins??

9 Comments

Banned

Spam.... Wheres the spoliers?

Just kidding. Havent a clue. Sounds a lot to get in within 10 minutes!

If you go to the IMDB's forums, there's a section there "I Need To Know", where there are scores of people with some absurdly encyclopaedic knowledge of practically everything ever. Someone there should be able to help you. Linky is imdb.com/boa…ds/

Good luck with it. They found one of my lost short films (Valley Of The Stereos, imdb.com/tit…84/ ). They're amazing.

Original Poster

dxx;4704784

If you go to the IMDB's forums, there's a section there "I Need To Know", … If you go to the IMDB's forums, there's a section there "I Need To Know", where there are scores of people with some absurdly encyclopaedic knowledge of practically everything ever. Someone there should be able to help you. Linky is http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000001/threads/ Good luck with it. They found one of my lost short films (Valley Of The Stereos, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306184/ ). They're amazing.

Tried that but its asking for my AMAZON account/Credit card details or Mobile number which they might charge to send a text to for verification, Too much hassle and why do they need my info for a forum sounds DODGY:?

SPAMDOG;4705006

Tried that but its asking for my AMAZON account/Credit card details or … Tried that but its asking for my AMAZON account/Credit card details or Mobile number which they might charge to send a text to for verification, Too much hassle and why do they need my info for a forum sounds DODGY:?

It's fine, don't worry. I didn't know the Amazon / credit card thing was mandatory. The card / Amazon thing was introduced years ago as some means to confirm an account, although I don't remember entirely for what reason. Amazon owns the IMDB, and you can read all about it at en.wikipedia.org/wik…ase . I can 100% assure you that it's legit.

channel4.com/fil…iew
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::
Assassin(s) Review
By Anton Bitel
Our rating: Rating: 4.0 Stars(4.0)Page 1 of 3 - Next » | View as one page

Mathieu Kassovitz followed up La Haine in 1997 with a modern history of violence, in this contemporary parable of an aging hitman and his young apprentice(s)
In 1995, with only a few short films and the little known feature Métisse (1993) to his name, actor-director Mathieu Kassovitz suddenly arrived, taking viewers by surprise (and by the throat) with La Haine, a stylish yet blistering account of racial and social tensions in the boiling pot of contemporary Paris.

As one of the defining films of the 1990s, La Haine would be a hard act to follow, as has been proved by the ever diminishing returns of Kassovitz's subsequent The Crimson Rivers (2000) and Gothika (2003) - but before this retreat into derivative genre pieces, Kassovitz was to make one last stab at big-themed, bravura filmmaking, and the result was 1997's Assassin(s), in which the director targets the very roots of male violence.

Max (Kassovitz) is a bored, unambitious and feckless twentysomething who spends his days as a welder and his nights as a small-time thief, and who still lives with his widowed mother (Lebrun) - but all that changes when he meets Mr Wagner (Serrault), an elderly, deteriorating hitman who is looking for an apprentice to inherit the family trade. Under Wagner's paternal tutelage, Max begins to take pride in himself and his work. When, however, Wagner's traditional 'craft' is handed down too early by Max to the next generation, as embodied by troubled schoolboy Mehdi (Benoufa), the ensuing tragedy encapsulates the state of a nation whose long-standing ills have become horrifically accelerated.

Trivia
Mathieu Kassovitz first presented the story of a hitman and his young apprentice in the 1992 short film Assassins. By the time the director had secured the financing to expand his ideas to feature length, Richard Donner's Assassins (1995) had already come out, prompting Kassovitz to avoid confusion by minimally altering his own film's title with a pair of academic brackets.
:whistling:

[COLOR="Black"][SIZE="4"]Assassin(s) Cast & Crew[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Director
Mathieu Kassovitz
Starring
Michel Serrault
Mathieu Kassovitz
Mehdi Benoufa
Robert Gendreu
Danièle Lebrun
François Levantal
Karim Belkhadra
Roland Marchisio
Fellicite Wouassi
Nicolas Boukhrief
Producer
Christophe Rossignon
Photographer
Pierre Aïm
Composer
Carter Burwell
Screen Writer
Mathieu Kassovitz
Nicolas Boukhrief

Original Poster

No thats not it, Its a British short film about a Father & Son, I'm not 100% but I think the guy from Press Gang was the son(Back row-Last fellow on the right)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3f/PressGangPublicity.jpg

SPAMDOG;4705006

Tried that but its asking for my AMAZON account/Credit card details or … Tried that but its asking for my AMAZON account/Credit card details or Mobile number which they might charge to send a text to for verification, Too much hassle and why do they need my info for a forum sounds DODGY:?

I have put it in for you, will let you know if I get a reply.

]http//74…=uk

It's called THE CUTTER

Yeah and the son is played by paul reynolds who is the boy in the middle at the back.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ps4 pro or Xbox one x11
    2. Ps4 pro or xbox one x88
    3. amazon no rush delivery credit22
    4. What car to purchase?22

See more discussions