[Help] Finding the right TV

Found 12th Nov 2017
Hi guys, just need some help in finding the right information and sites to be looking at as I am planning on purchasing a TV on black friday.

I keep reading about 10bit panels, especially in a lot of the HUKD TV posts and I've been trying to find a list compiled of 10bit panels but I only found one with models from 2 years ago.

On the flip side however, if anyone has good recommendations for a 4k HDR TV in the price range of £500-£800 that would be greatly appreciated. The cheaper the better obviously!

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
richersounds are doing an offer were if you buy a tv from them they will refund you the difference if it comes down on black friday also they are doing 6 years warranty instead of 5 years
10-bit panel seems to be people getting mixed up between SDR and HDR. If you'll be feeding it HDR sources then bit of hardware that make the biggest difference is the backlight rather than the panel. Namely how wide it's colour gamut is and how good it's local dimming system in - although you won't see much of the latter in that price range.

I'd probably go for a Hisense N6800 on that budget. It gets you the wide gamut for HDR on a nice big screen (65" is currently £900) and we're not likely to see TVs with a lot more HDR support drop under £800 by the end of this month.
mercslkman21 h, 11 m ago

richersounds are doing an offer were if you buy a tv from them they will …richersounds are doing an offer were if you buy a tv from them they will refund you the difference if it comes down on black friday also they are doing 6 years warranty instead of 5 years

That's pretty damn awesome, thank you for the heads up!
EndlessWaves20 h, 57 m ago

10-bit panel seems to be people getting mixed up between SDR and HDR. If …10-bit panel seems to be people getting mixed up between SDR and HDR. If you'll be feeding it HDR sources then bit of hardware that make the biggest difference is the backlight rather than the panel. Namely how wide it's colour gamut is and how good it's local dimming system in - although you won't see much of the latter in that price range.I'd probably go for a Hisense N6800 on that budget. It gets you the wide gamut for HDR on a nice big screen (65" is currently £900) and we're not likely to see TVs with a lot more HDR support drop under £800 by the end of this month.

I will more than likely be feeding it proper HDR, I'm getting the new Xbox and I have a couple other 4k things to play around with.

Thank you for the information, good to know!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants