Help!!! Fitting new sink what clips do I need !

Posted 12th Feb
I’m fiting a new composite sink and I have some how misplaced the bag of clips as can’t find them anywhere, I haven’t got a clue what type of clip I need can anyone help me

What do I need and where can I get them ASAP
3405665-AQzui.jpg

Would be a massive help, I’m stuck

3405665-NGE4D.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Probably easiest to call the manufacturer customer service and they will probably send them out
If the base of the sink is flat just silicone the worktop then sit the sink in position with something heavy weighing it down overnight.
themorgatron12/02/2020 22:27

If the base of the sink is flat just silicone the worktop then sit the …If the base of the sink is flat just silicone the worktop then sit the sink in position with something heavy weighing it down overnight.

I dont think any reasonable tradesman would fit a sink like that. No offence.
Willy_Wonka12/02/2020 22:44

I dont think any reasonable tradesman would fit a sink like that. No …I dont think any reasonable tradesman would fit a sink like that. No offence.

How many sinks have you fitted where there are no fixing points for the brackets?
themorgatron12/02/2020 22:57

How many sinks have you fitted where there are no fixing points for the …How many sinks have you fitted where there are no fixing points for the brackets?

I can categorically state I have never fitted a kitchen sink, ever. But the fitting points are the groves which you can see in the photos which clamps attach to.
Willy_Wonka12/02/2020 23:04

I can categorically state I have never fitted a kitchen sink, ever. But …I can categorically state I have never fitted a kitchen sink, ever. But the fitting points are the groves which you can see in the photos which clamps attach to.

You will often find the clips have nowhere to hook into...

I've also fitted sinks where the clips don't fit the thickness of worktop, the clips don't tighten at all, or when tightened bow the thin steel, or force the ends of the sink to bow up.

If you silicone the sink down it will not move. In an ideal world clips will also be used but he used the term asap.
The kitchen fitter is only here until Friday, I’m helping him so need them quick , b&q ect don’t seem to sell them
If it's a composite sink like in the picture just silicone around the cut and sit it in there. It will set after 12 hours and the sink will be fine. It's not like stainless steel sinks that need clips all over just to pull the edges in. I have installed many composite sinks in this way. Also you won't get the clips anywhere apart from the manufacturer or eBay. But you don't need them.

I dont think any reasonable tradesman would fit a sink like that. No …I dont think any reasonable tradesman would fit a sink like that. No offence.

I think you need to start thinking then, no offence!
Silicone composite sinks in all the time, and never had a problem.

This is how my tradesman fitted mine !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants