Help - Fixed Wireless Terminal GSM

Posted 29th Jun 2020
3495728.jpgI've purchased the above GSM fixed wireless terminal for my Nan to connect to her landline phones when she moves at the end of next month. However when I insert the sim I get a full signal but but the INUSE light flashes green (I also get no dialtone). The manual that came with the device is of no use for this particular fault and I was wondering if anyone else has or has used a similar device and can help? Many thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
So a quick update on this. I'm pretty sure that the box itself is doing what it's supposed to but I've been trying to connect the phone though an rj11 cable directly. I've been told an rj11 to bt socket might be the way forward. Is anyone here knowledgeable about this? Many Thanks
Edited by: "Maverick77" 29th Jun
Further update to this and for anyone who might experience a problem with this in the future... The problem was the supplied rj11 cable, switching it out for one supplied with an old router seems to have done the trick and all is now working correctly.
What does that device do?.
Allows you to use a GSM SIM card with normal landline phones.
If she wants to keep the existing landline number, port it to Sipgate or similar (about £30) which would provide subsequent option to re-port to another copper provider (if moving within same exchange area) and / or to optionally record "my new number is" message, and / or to receive calls to the orig ll number via a separately funded wifi / data device regardless of worldwide location, all at zero ongoing cost for the service.
AndyRoyd29/06/2020 21:22

If she wants to keep the existing landline number, port it to Sipgate or …If she wants to keep the existing landline number, port it to Sipgate or similar (about £30) which would provide subsequent option to re-port to another copper provider (if moving within same exchange area) and / or to optionally record "my new number is" message, and / or to receive calls to the orig ll number via a separately funded wifi / data device regardless of worldwide location, all at zero ongoing cost for the service.

Cheers mate I'll look into this
@TobyZ
Thanks mate
Post a comment
@
    Text