Help for 30th Wedding Anniversary Gift Idea Please

8 replies
Found 17th Apr 2008
Hi. My mum and dad will be celebrating their 30th wedding anni at the end of this month and i have no idea what to get them, plus I am currently poor so any ideas will be gratefully accepted. The theme for 30th is Pearl.
Thanks in advance..............

1. Misc
  2. Wedding
8 Comments

get chinese cultivated perl sets for your mum: when i was in china, the best quality perl set (necklace, bracelet and earings) cost me not more then 150 yuan (the cheap ones being negociated at 50 yuan), thats under £15 (cheaper infact, but you get the idea)... so you should be able to get'em in some chinese boutique or internet maybe for maybe £20 delivered.

For your dad, maybe a watch ? there was a sale on amazon UK recently...

How about finding lots of old photos of them and doing something nice like making a collage or something like that..........it will be low cost and very personal.
Just a thought!

Original Poster

Oooooo both very good ideas, thank you

How about making a sort of "This is your life" type of scrapbook, with photos, comments, memories etc.

You could even take photos now of special trinkets, ornaments etc and write below the photo comments like.........bought on holiday at ____ July 2001.

It wouldn't cost you much.

Hope this helps or at least gives you an idea.

Original Poster

suze;1910298

How about making a sort of "This is your life" type of scrapbook, with … How about making a sort of "This is your life" type of scrapbook, with photos, comments, memories etc. You could even take photos now of special trinkets, ornaments etc and write below the photo comments like.........bought on holiday at ____ July 2001.It wouldn't cost you much.Hope this helps or at least gives you an idea.

OOOOO I really like that..........

laineycross;1910444

OOOOO I really like that..........

Glad to have helped! I've got my uses you know!!! :whistling:

Original Poster

suze;1910671

Glad to have helped! I've got my uses you know!!! :whistling:

i'm going to use your idea but do it in a snapfish photobook as i've heard a lot of good feedback about them and you can put comments in etc. Will sneak into my parents house so i can get some snaps of their nick nacks and borrow some photos, thanx

laineycross;1911456

i'm going to use your idea but do it in a snapfish photobook as i've … i'm going to use your idea but do it in a snapfish photobook as i've heard a lot of good feedback about them and you can put comments in etc. Will sneak into my parents house so i can get some snaps of their nick nacks and borrow some photos, thanx

Awww... your welcome, let us know it goes won't you :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions