Help for choosing /installing a new boiler.. www.boxt.co.uk

Found 31st Mar 2017
Hi my boiler broken down 3 days now. I am shopping around and got quotes from 2800 to 3500 for a WORCESTER 30SI combi. The job involves taking the boiler and tank out + install a new boiler. I came across a website called boxt.co.uk , and they will supply and install the same boiler for £1805. Has anyone used this company used before?

boxt.co.uk/pac…s=0
Community Updates
AskBoiler
11 Comments
I don't know about that company but it has got good reviews on trust pilot but you're quotes are quite expensive as the boiler costs just under £1000 so someone to fix it might be around 800 to £1000 I think I paid that much..so why don't you firstly look for a local gas safe person to see how much they say for fixing and maybe they can get it cheaper for you too..worth a try

does seem a good price, we have been quoted more than £2400 to replace ours and I am sure its was the 30i. I think they have just started to advertise on the radio around our way.

samyousaf

I don't know about that company but it has got good reviews on trust … I don't know about that company but it has got good reviews on trust pilot but you're quotes are quite expensive as the boiler costs just under £1000 so someone to fix it might be around 800 to £1000 I think I paid that much..so why don't you firstly look for a local gas safe person to see how much they say for fixing and maybe they can get it cheaper for you too..worth a try

maybe that's where they got their quotes from
Original Poster
samyousaf

I don't know about that company but it has got good reviews on trust … I don't know about that company but it has got good reviews on trust pilot but you're quotes are quite expensive as the boiler costs just under £1000 so someone to fix it might be around 800 to £1000 I think I paid that much..so why don't you firstly look for a local gas safe person to see how much they say for fixing and maybe they can get it cheaper for you too..worth a try

i tried and all quotes start from £2600
spa

i tried and all quotes start from £2600

​OK. ..maybe it's you're area...I live in Yorkshire and there's a lot of gas safe tradesmen so it's quite competitive to get a cheap quote..
which area do you live in...keep trying but don't sound too desperate to hang up and someone might give you a decent quote esp now in spring..fingers crossed. ..
Original Poster
i live in oxford..it's bit expensive
From what you have said I guess you are moving from a wall mounted system boiler to a combi?
I have just put a few details in (guessing your situation ) and it comes out at £2.5k.

The £1.8k will just be a straight combi to combi swap.
Original Poster
GAVINLEWISHUKD

From what you have said I guess you are moving from a wall mounted system … From what you have said I guess you are moving from a wall mounted system boiler to a combi? I have just put a few details in (guessing your situation ) and it comes out at £2.5k.The £1.8k will just be a straight combi to combi swap.

Hi GAVINLEWISHUKD, it is a wall mounted system to combi, i just want to check, whether any fellow hukd member got any experience from this company. I just found an engineer who can fix the boiler for £800. Not yet decided..
spa

Hi GAVINLEWISHUKD, it is a wall mounted system to combi, i just want to … Hi GAVINLEWISHUKD, it is a wall mounted system to combi, i just want to check, whether any fellow hukd member got any experience from this company. I just found an engineer who can fix the boiler for £800. Not yet decided..

After a bit of Googling it seems its a help link company. It just seems like it's a online/email version of help links normal service.
Rather than somebody giving you a quote and then an engineer turning up with a boiler they miss out this part. You tell them online what you want they despatch a boiler via a courier direct to you and then somebody come to fit it.

Considering you are converting from a regular boiler cylinder roof tank to a combi you are unlikely to get it done for less than £2500.
Kind of agree with above. You're going from old system with tank and water storage (in roof I presume) to a modern combi. Price quoted seems reflective of this as sometimes I think a lot of rerouting of pipes needs to be done.
Worcester Bosch are a good make of boilers though.
Original Poster
thanks for all the replies. I got 3 quotes with £2600 and one guy offered to do the job for £800. I have to supply the boiler and all the accessories. There is a new pipe work required about 5 meters (22mm) from my gas meter to the boiler. As the current pipe is 15mm, and for the warranty purpose it has to be 22m (Worcester Bosch). I didn't go through boxt, as they got good reviews, i am not confident.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions