HELP FOR HEROES - PRIZE DRAW WINNERS POST #1702 & HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILES/"THE DRINKER"

1690 replies
Found 7th Jun 2008
Details & links in the next post down

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

1. Misc
  2. Drinks
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Drinks
1690 Comments

Original Poster

.....OK, here's the real story.

A friend of mine (& the husband of one of our other members) is part of a charity march (Mercury's March) from Plymouth to London from Aug 18th-23rd in aid of "Help for Heroes", a registered charity that cares for & assists servicemen & women wounded in Iraq & Afghanistan.

I'm offering a prize to a random member that makes a donation & leaves their HUKD ID in the Good Luck message....

If anyone's interested in finding out more, Giles' sponsorship page is ]HERE
& the Mercury's march homepage is ]HERE

The 4 prizes are now a £47.50 Amazon, a £35 UWISH, a £30 UWISH or a £30 Sendit voucher to be drawn once the sponsorship page is closed. The way I figure it is that members of a site called HotUKdeals should see the odds are fairly good (depending on how many people donate) of winning a pretty worthwhile prize. How much you donate is obviously up to you so you might even turn the price of a pint or a bottle of wine into 30 odd quid?!?!

(I'll try & answer any general questions about the draw & if you want to know more about the walk/march then please check out the homepages linked above or contact myself or The Drinker via PM)

Banned

Oh phew I thought this was about your rumoured alcohol abuse

thats very kind of you c32

Original Poster

loupomm;2268493

thats very kind of you c32

It's a game of numbers...I can donate 20 odd quid or I can donate a prize that might mean we/he/they make (hopefully) a lot more...

Sounds like a very good idea

I'll donate a night spent with me....watch lou and kittykat start bidding tens of thousands!!!

Nice idea C32

(nice to see ya posting too :friends: )

done matey

Lulu'sMammy;2268522

I'll donate a night spent with me....watch lou and kittykat start bidding … I'll donate a night spent with me....watch lou and kittykat start bidding tens of thousands!!!

50p?

ctuk;2268531

50p?

50P? I wouldnt even take my trousers off for that, let alone my knickers!

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;2268540

When did you start wearing knickers??!?

bazzaric;2268530

done matey

very generous bazzaric rep left :-D

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;2268547

When did you start wearing knickers??!?

Paper ones, got a slight problem, but dont tell my potential bidders about it.....all the more fun for golden showers!!

Lulu'sMammy;2268540

Last time I heard you got £100.20 when I asked who gave you 20p I heard it was all of them:p

Just kidding..........

harlzter;2268566

Last time I heard you got £100.20 when I asked who gave you 20p I heard … Last time I heard you got £100.20 when I asked who gave you 20p I heard it was all of them:pJust kidding..........

I dont get that!

Ive just put all my details in to donate, thinking i could pay from paypal, then it asks for a debit or credit card...well i aint got one!! I'll sort it and donate tomoz

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;2268553

.....all the more fun for golden showers!!

Wrong...VERY wrong
Does that work both ways? ;-)

Good idea CharlieThirtyTwo

ODB_69;2268606

Wrong...VERY wrongDoes that work both ways? ;-)Good idea CharlieThirtyTwo

You pee on me matey, and you will have 2 black eyes, and several chipped teeth!!!

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;2268618

You pee on me matey, and you will have 2 black eyes, and several chipped … You pee on me matey, and you will have 2 black eyes, and several chipped teeth!!!

lol

WELL worth it!:-D

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;2268604

I'll sort it and donate tomoz

Swear I just heard Libby's piggy bank smashing into a thousand pieces....thought it was for 'the cause' then I realised you've probably just heard the pizza guy pull up outside??!?

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;2268634

Swear I just heard Libby's piggy bank smashing into a thousand … Swear I just heard Libby's piggy bank smashing into a thousand pieces....thought it was for 'the cause' then I realised you've probably just heard the pizza guy pull up outside??!?

Not had pizza since yesterday thanks!! Eating healthy, today i had hospital food, now that is what i call poop!

Original Poster

Cheers 2020...you're a gent, but don't worry...I won't tell anyone & ruin your gawd-awful reputation!!?!?

Just start eating my bloody tea and you decide to turn up:?........................anyway sounds like a good idea:thumbsup:

Good to see you again C32:whistling:

donated what i could, all the best :-)

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;2268772

Cheers 2020...you're a gent, but don't worry...I won't tell anyone & ruin … Cheers 2020...you're a gent, but don't worry...I won't tell anyone & ruin your gawd-awful reputation!!?!?

Thanks..............................................I think:thinking:

Admin

Same here Good luck Giles!

Well done guys, keep it coming!

Original Poster

intenso100;2268800

donated what i could, all the best :-)

Every quid helps & it's gotta be better than your suggestion that I could go out as a minesweeper!!?!?

Lulu'sMammy;2268809

Well done guys, keep it coming!

Trust you to say something like that:whistling:

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;2268818

Every quid helps & it's gotta be better than your suggestion that I could … Every quid helps & it's gotta be better than your suggestion that I could go out as a minesweeper!!?!?

mmm, u going to make me answer that :whistling:

Original Poster

intenso100;2268855

mmm, u going to make me answer that :whistling:

The fact I've got a PM saying "I'll loan you my 2nd best white trilby hat as protection from the sun(!!?!)" pretty much says it all....

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;2268876

The fact I've got a PM saying "I'll loan you my 2nd best white trilby hat … The fact I've got a PM saying "I'll loan you my 2nd best white trilby hat as protection from the sun(!!?!)" pretty much says it all....

i also offered my tomy metal detector

Original Poster

intenso100;2268884

That was a broom handle with a saucepan lid gaffer-taped to the end ya lying sod!!?!

intenso100;2268884

Next time take the batteries out:thumbsup:

Two very good reasons to donate to this
1- this country should be proud of their servicemen and women (and forget about the politics)
2- Charlie32 needs help :thumbsup: (keep this thread busy it may even distract him from the booze)

Great idea to post this Charlie

Banned

Does the site accept paypal? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

fox2020;2268967

Next time take the batteries out:thumbsup:

Like you did with the smoke detector just outside your kitchen door???!

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2962/signbombsitekt4.jpg

Original Poster

UsernameStealer!;2269002

Does the site accept paypal? :thumbsup:

Afraid Lulu'smammy already tried that route & got turned down & no-one ever usually turns her down!!?!?

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;2269003

Like you did with the smoke detector just outside your kitchen door???!

:whistling:

If anyone fancies working as a proxy, they could be paid by paypal and donate on someones behalf? (I'd volunteer but wouldn't trust myself with other peoples money)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769339
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…3465
    3. Tesco 3 for 2 Toy deal starting 27th October65
    4. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled.77

See more discussions