Groups

Help for iphone ring tone!

Hey guys, Am just wondering if someone has any idea how to sort this problem. I have a sound clip from aliens (the "they mostly come out at night... mostly" line) for use as a creepy msg tone. Imported it into itunes fine, but it doesnt seem to like me transferring it to my iphone (unlike my other music which i have imported previously(it's in mp3 format)). Searched itunes store to see if i could find it to download it from there but no luck!

anyone have an idea how i could get this onto my iphone and use it as a msg tone?? cheers in advance for any help.

ps, wasn't sure which section to put this in, so mods if you feel this should be moved then please do.

ponty

7 Comments

i think it has to be converted first, to a format that the iphone recognises as a ringtone or message tone:oops:

Original Poster

it's already in mp3 format, so that would be no problem for iphone i think.

you can do it through itunes but you need to change the preferences in itunes for importing to AAC then when you've converted the clip you can rename the new file to change its extension to .m4r (iirc) and then if you double click the file it will be imported into itunes as a ringtone

edit guide here
    ehow.co.uk/how…r=1

Original Poster

ah cheers for that, do you know anywhere with instructions for following how to do that?

edit, sweet, ty ty

wolf359;7042796

you can do it through itunes but you need to change the preferences in … you can do it through itunes but you need to change the preferences in itunes for importing to AAC then when you've converted the clip you can rename the new file to change its extension to .m4r (iirc) and then if you double click the file it will be imported into itunes as a ringtoneedit guide herehttp://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2160460_custom-iphone-ringtones-free.html?cr=1

Thanks, rep left.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

^^^ same

glad to help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions