HELP FORD FOCUS RADIO NOT WORKING

Found 19th Aug 2017
So one day the radio stopped working i switched it to another the same problem, so i checked and changed the fuse, same problem.

Next i checked the voltages and continuity from the wires seem ok e.g. 12v.

I thought maybe im really unlucky so i used a cassette radio, and nice the cassete ejected but then i went press power and nothing it just ejects and accepts.

Is there another fuse? i dont understand what else it can be
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
Ignition switch wire come on ok? From memory it's green and yellow.. You have 2 live wires. Permanent live and ignition live and you need both working. I would Google the wiring diagram and select Google images then use a multi tester to confirm all is good. Also there may be a fuse built in radio and the possible fault maybe blowing that? You need to confirm all the power wire feeds are correct and go from there
wayners1 h, 19 m ago

Ignition switch wire come on ok? From memory it's green and yellow.. You …Ignition switch wire come on ok? From memory it's green and yellow.. You have 2 live wires. Permanent live and ignition live and you need both working. I would Google the wiring diagram and select Google images then use a multi tester to confirm all is good. Also there may be a fuse built in radio and the possible fault maybe blowing that? You need to confirm all the power wire feeds are correct and go from there

Thank you yeah i also herd from someone else it sounds like the ignition wire. Just unsure what to do know i know that. I tested three other head units with different fuses so it looks like the ignition wire.

Hopefully i find out and i'm able to check with a multimeter like you said, thank you for reply.
Gave me some hope for tomorrow as garages are charging silly money just to find it and its best to find out on own for future and related applications/ fun well to an extent.
To test get a multi meter. Under £10 from many stores. Maplins. The range. Screwfix. B&M ect.. Youtube will show you the basics and it's easy enough to test 12volt car cables
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants