Groups

Help! Formatting a dvd in home movie so that can email

Help!

My partners dad has asked me to try and email a video they took on their video camera that is now on dvd. I have played around tried to attach the DVD etc but can not work out how. Is there a way I can do this?!

Thanks rep given for any help as this has me puzzled!

8 Comments

Most likely much too large for an email attachment lol...

Better off uploading it to something like filefront and sending him the link to download the file.

yeah you wont be emailing it unless it's less than a minute long

Original Poster

Ah I suggested that but he doesnt want to do it that way (awkward!!)

But the thing thats puzzling me is I can't even work out how to save it to my computer so cant even get as far as trying to attach it to see if it works.

If the files on the DVD are in Video_ts and Audio_ts format then you will likely have to convert the DVD to an Avi or mpeg to be able to do anything useful with it. Something like megaupload or rapidshare (or filefront as above) would be a lot easier than emailing as a lot of email providers do not like (or accept) attachments above 20mb or so.

Original Poster

Yeah they are in TS format... ah ok that makes sence I will give him a call and let him know. Thanks for your help. Rep given

Shellywelly;7752350

Yeah they are in TS format... ah ok that makes sence I will give him a … Yeah they are in TS format... ah ok that makes sence I will give him a call and let him know. Thanks for your help. Rep given

Put it in an envelope and post it ,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7752370

Put it in an envelope and post it ,

haha that would be much easier!!

why not right click the disc and add to a .rar file (if you have winrar on your PC, if not get it) then drag & drop the .rar file into MSN for him? its easy and sends quite quick. You could even do it in 10mb or 50mb chunks if you wanted
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT deal24
      2. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?11
      3. Gaming Monitor11
      4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1014

See more discussions