Help: Free Unlimited Calls to UK Landline

Found 8th Aug
Hi,
I am looking for free calls to UK Landline. Do you know any android app that can help me to do so. Please help me by telling the name of the app.

Thanks in advanced
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
I'm not even sure how to respond to this
mattsk16 m ago

I'm not even sure how to respond to this

We could start by welcoming the new member to the HUKD community and await their hot deal posts.
AndyRoyd1 m ago

We could start by welcoming the new member to the HUKD community and await …We could start by welcoming the new member to the HUKD community and await their hot deal posts.

Why would that be relevant to the op question?
mattsk3 m ago

Why would that be relevant to the op question?

Probably isn't. It's being polite whilst waiting for new member's positive contribution, based on a reasonable give&take principle. Still waiting.
AndyRoyd3 m ago

Probably isn't. It's being polite whilst waiting for new member's positive …Probably isn't. It's being polite whilst waiting for new member's positive contribution, based on a reasonable give&take principle. Still waiting.

so according to you someone cannot aske a question here if they have not contributed first?
mattsk2 m ago

so according to you someone cannot aske a question here if they have not …so according to you someone cannot aske a question here if they have not contributed first?

Probably not the place to debate your question so I politely withdraw from the conversation.
At least the op has used a please and a thanks which most old and new members cant seem to manage, i however can't answer their question as i dont know the answer but i hope someone can give a bit of time to help answer their question
Don't think there is one to be honest. Know that providers do it for other countries but not heard of a UK based service. You can get free incoming calls via a service like sipgate.

I'm guessing such an app doesn't exist because of UK call set up fees.

It also stops unscrupulous people/companies from spamming landlines with unsolicited calls.
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 8th Aug
there are two main follow up questions to the op

1. where are you planning to call from (country)
2. what network you are on and is it PAYG or contract

surprised nobody asked this yet
'What app?' are you looking for? (clue in my question)
mrty44 m ago

'What app?' are you looking for? (clue in my question)

You can't call UK landlines with whatsapp.
Paddy_o_furniture2 m ago

You can't call UK landlines with whatsapp.

Oops, skipped that bit - half asleep.
Cisco06060617 m ago

If you have smartphone and wifi, try Tesco international calling …If you have smartphone and wifi, try Tesco international calling app?https://www.tescointernationalcalling.com/call-rates/#/United Kingdom

Good suggestion, but I'm seeing "+4p connection fee per call. Dialing code: 0044 from the UK. App rates exclude the connection fee. Please see the rates tab in-app for further details" so not clear if the app adds a connection fee or how much it may be.
Get a mobile phone contract with unlimited calls, you can get a sim only contract to make it cheaper. There aren’t any apps that allow free calls to landlines.
Not absolutely guaranteed, but call the number you need, wait for 2-3 ringing tones, then put phone down. If you're lucky and they don't pick up their phone quickly, they'll probably call you back. Sure to save a few quid and didn't even need to get an app!
I can't help for an Android app but on IOS there's Sudomail. It allows you to create throw away email addresses and telephone numbers and gives a decent amount of free calls to landline/mobile numbers
Edited by: "OllieSt" 9th Aug
Not free though Localphone have very competitive rates for calling landlines. Calls to UK landlines are currently 0.5p/min (no connection fee).

Localphone functions like a calling card service without the actual calling card.

You create a prepaid credit account with Localphone, which you use to pay for all calls. Users then dial into Localphone, then input a pin tied to their account, and then dial the number they would like to call. For every minute that the user is on the call, Localphone deducts a certain amount from their account.

Might also be best to download their app via their website, less confusion.

localphone.com

Though may work out cheaper as mentioned above using a SIM only contract for making free calls to a landline.

moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts/

Other options for making free phone calls can be found via the following, though not necessarily mobile to landlines though does mention Localphone.

moneysavingexpert.com/phones/free-international-phone-calls/
Edited by: "LemonHead" 9th Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants