Groups

Help from anyone who Lives/Works/Visits London regulary.

Me and a friend are traveling to all 91 football league stadiums in england and are coming up to the london trip. We are going for a couple of days and are doing stadium tours of Arsenal and chelsea. My question is how much are we looking at for travel between zones 1 and 9 for one day and 1-5 for 2 other days, what would be the cheapest way to do this ? Also apart from the obvious attractions what would people reccomend we do.

thanks

5 Comments

The cheapest way for you would be to get yourself a pay as you go oyster card and use the buses and tube to get around.

Unless you'll be visiting London again, an Oyster will be more costly for you in the long run as you have to buy the card initially before topping up. Although I think it's refundable...if you can be bothered. You can often get overcharged for it as well. Happens to me at least once a fortnight.
    Are you only going to the venues? If so - return tickets each day will be the cheapest.
    Are you travelling within the rush hours? Morning and aft/eve peak hours apply 6.30-9.30am and 4-7pm, making travel cost a few quid more.
    Will you be wanting to use busses, trams, overground?
    So - in response, if you're going to be using them again - invest in a travelcard. Be aware that peak hour costs still apply and the daily rate should cap itself to either a peak or off peak travel card for the applicable zones. Try and travel off peak and you'll save a fair bit.
    Otherwise, buy return tickets or if you plan to use them for a few destinations or on transport other than just the tube, then just buy a paper ticket travelcard for the zones you want on the days.

visitorshop.tfl.gov.uk/
    tfl.gov.uk/tic…spx

Hope these help.
    Edited by: "monkey_whiskers" 30th Jan 2011

You can't get a return cash tube tickets any more, a single costs £4.00, so they sell you the appropiate travel card.

mo

You can't get a return cash tube tickets any more, a single costs £4.00, … You can't get a return cash tube tickets any more, a single costs £4.00, so they sell you the appropiate travel card.

You can't get a return, but you can get singles. They start at £1.90.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317

See more discussions