Groups

Help from you ladies for my mum please

My mum (shes 75) has been looking for a lightweight summer dressing gown (not a tie up one but either a zip or button up) for ages, cant find one anywhere, my sis has looked in Debenhams, House of Fraser etc and nothing, i (my god im looking for dressing gowns now!!!) have looked on the net and even resorted to ebay!!! and nothing, anyone know of anywhere that sells them online,

I keep finding things and im told "That's a nightdress not a dressing gown", has to be full length and pref short sleeved, (i used to spend my Sat afternoons down the pub by the way, look at me know!!!! lol) but wants a thin summer one, HELP ME before i go mad please

46 Comments

http://www.theselect.co.uk/catalogue/photos_230/TS0164603404.jpg

http://www.drinkstuff.com/productimg/24755_large.jpg

Got my mum a white cotton one from ]M&S

I woud suggest Bon Marche also, maybe Peacocks,BHS,M&S
    hope she finds one

Original Poster

The JFK;5663524

Useful as ever:roll:

Original Poster

mrsj2008;5663556

]http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B002141O5I/sr=1-8/qid=1246724806/ref=sr_1_8/276-6544942-4472145?ie=UTF8&node=&m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&keywords=dressing%20gown&mnSBrand=core&size=9&rh=n%3A42966030%2Ck%3Adressing%20gown%2Cn%3A42967030&page=1

Cheers for your link, but its quilt and she wants a cotton or polyester one, really lightweight, rep for your help and thankd for taking the time to look:thumbsup:

The JFK;5663524

defo spent too long in clondike.... lol,
    same as others though littlewoods used to be good for them and bhs. could always ebay, as light housecoats are on there a lot. good luck .

Original Poster

choc1969;5663538

Got my mum a white cotton one from ]M&S

Cheers choc, will show her that one, i really cant believe im doing this:-D but shes my mum and she used to wipe my bum for me:)

Original Poster

4lyons09;5663567

I woud suggest Bon Marche also, maybe Peacocks,BHS,M&Shope she finds one … I woud suggest Bon Marche also, maybe Peacocks,BHS,M&Shope she finds one

We have a Bon Marche quite close so i will suggest that as it seems a popular choice, rep for all except the obvious:thumbsup:

Looks like its Bon Marche and Peacocks tomorrow for my brother and mum:-D hes going to love that:thumbsup:

clondikemike;5663602

Cheers choc, will show her that one, i really cant believe im doing … Cheers choc, will show her that one, i really cant believe im doing this:-D but shes my mum and she used to wipe my bum for me:)

circle of life babe :thumbsup:

glad she has someone as nice as you around , rep for that xx

TJ Hughes?

Marks and Spencers are excellent for womens lingerie hon

Bon Marche are a bit cheaper in cost and quality but its a possibility x x

What size is your Mum?

This link should show all the dressing gowns for women at M&S

marksandspencer.com/gp/…030

ClarityofMind;5663629

Marks and Spencers are excellent for womens lingerie honBon Marche are a … Marks and Spencers are excellent for womens lingerie honBon Marche are a bit cheaper in cost and quality but its a possibility x xWhat size is your Mum?

Plus status in hospital lol....wtf, you should have heard the debates when my friend (70) was in hospital :roll:

choc1969;5663634

Plus status in hospital lol....wtf, you should have heard the debates … Plus status in hospital lol....wtf, you should have heard the debates when my friend (70) was in hospital :roll:

Yes I always bought new nighties to give birth in! lol Only wear em the once!!

ClarityofMind;5663650

Yes I always bought new nighties to wear for the boys! lol Only wear em … Yes I always bought new nighties to wear for the boys! lol Only wear em the once!!

lol, no sweets they prefer ladies to wear nothin in my experience :roll:

Original Poster

choc1969;5663610

circle of life babe :thumbsup:glad she has someone as nice as you around … circle of life babe :thumbsup:glad she has someone as nice as you around , rep for that xx

thanks, you only get one mum (and dad obviously) but im the baby of the family and im still announced as it (even though im 37!!)

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5663629

Marks and Spencers are excellent for womens lingerie honBon Marche are a … Marks and Spencers are excellent for womens lingerie honBon Marche are a bit cheaper in cost and quality but its a possibility x xWhat size is your Mum?This link should show all the dressing gowns for women at M&Shttp://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/search/275-1683783-5593026?ie=UTF8&rs=42967030&fromPS=&sort=relevancerank&keywords=dressing%20gown&mnSBrand=core&viewID=results&pos=srch%5Fpag%5FShow%20all&showAll=1&rh=n%3A42966030%2Ck%3Adressing%20gown%2Cn%3A42967030

16 (argghhh i even know her size, sorry but for a bloke thats a bit creepy:))

clondikemike;5663685

thanks, you only get one mum (and dad obviously) but im the baby of … thanks, you only get one mum (and dad obviously) but im the baby of the family and im still announced as it (even though im 37!!)

I still get my cheeks pinched :oops: and called her little princess even though I'm 5 10 lol and older than you :w00t:

Original Poster

jeany123;5663680

http://www.presentsformen.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=5783&adnetwork=af

Hi Jeany, doesnt want a tie up, just buttons or zip, rep for looking for me much appreciated:thumbsup:

clondikemike;5663700

16 (argghhh i even know her size, sorry but for a bloke thats a bit … 16 (argghhh i even know her size, sorry but for a bloke thats a bit creepy:))

no, thats a good thing

I like this and it's a size 16 and completely cotton so cool for warm nights

marksandspencer.com/gp/…e=1

Also this is size 16 too and full length

marksandspencer.com/gp/…e=1

They are both just over £29.

This one is a button up...

marksandspencer.com/gp/…ge=

Original Poster

choc1969;5663714

I still get my cheeks pinched :oops: and called her little princess even … I still get my cheeks pinched :oops: and called her little princess even though I'm 5 10 lol and older than you :w00t:

Not a lot older surely, 1969? only 3 years, i dont get my cheeks pinched gladly:)

clondikemike;5663733

Not a lot older surely, 1969? only 3 years, i dont get my cheeks pinched … Not a lot older surely, 1969? only 3 years, i dont get my cheeks pinched gladly:)

you obviously don't go clubbing to the places I do :w00t:

then they'd be pinching your cheeks

Did you check out Daxons??

Original Poster

Thank you all so much for looking for me, well mainly my mum, so she here with me now and has been saying how nice you all seem and for the first time shes used a PC since she worked for Lloyds Bank (30 years ago) and used their computer that was as big as your house, she going to say

"Thanks for lookng everyone"

(was her typing!!!)

Much appreciated:):):)

clondikemike;5663721

Hi Jeany, doesnt want a tie up, just buttons or zip, rep for looking for … Hi Jeany, doesnt want a tie up, just buttons or zip, rep for looking for me much appreciated:thumbsup:

it isn't a tie up it's got buttons

clondikemike;5663760

Thank you all so much for looking for me, well mainly my mum, so she here … Thank you all so much for looking for me, well mainly my mum, so she here with me now and has been saying how nice you all seem and for the first time shes used a PC since she worked for Lloyds Bank (30 years ago) and used their computer that was as big as your house, she going to say "Thanks for lookng everyone"(was her typing!!!)Much appreciated:):):)

awww how sweet,

lurve to CDM's mummy xx:-D

Original Poster

wookiemummy;5663745

Did you check out Daxons??

I did and she likes some of those, if she doesnt find anything at Peacocks or Bon Marche tomorrow then im going to just order one for her:) easy to send back i suppose

clondikemike;5663760

Thank you all so much for looking for me, well mainly my mum, so she here … Thank you all so much for looking for me, well mainly my mum, so she here with me now and has been saying how nice you all seem and for the first time shes used a PC since she worked for Lloyds Bank (30 years ago) and used their computer that was as big as your house, she going to say "Thanks for lookng everyone"(was her typing!!!)Much appreciated:):):)

Hello clondikemike's Mum!

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5663777

Hello clondikemike's Mum!

Lol, shes having a lie down now, you make me laugh sooooooooo much:-D:-D

clondikemike;5663802

Lol, shes having a lie down now, you make me laugh sooooooooo much:-D:-D

we must have all worn her out :-D

I hope you are doing okay hon x x x

Original Poster

jeany123;5663761

it isn't a tie up it's got buttons

It is, you honestly wouldnt believe it, i have spent the past 3 hours looking for dressing gowns and i think im actually hallucinating now, just want to have a beer and relax:w00t::w00t:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5663806

we must have all worn her out :-DI hope you are doing okay hon x x x

Dont know the smiley for a kiss but if there is one then i gave you it,

Original Poster

choc1969;5663774

awww how sweet, lurve to CDM's mummy xx:-D

:), she said to me "I was using computers when you were in nappies" lol,

clondikemike;5663822

It is, you honestly wouldnt believe it, i have spent the past 3 hours … It is, you honestly wouldnt believe it, i have spent the past 3 hours looking for dressing gowns and i think im actually hallucinating now, just want to have a beer and relax:w00t::w00t:

lol, you poor thing, next time yell at me, I love looking for womens clothing. :-D

choc has lovely taste too

clondikemike;5663827

Dont know the smiley for a kiss but if there is one then i gave you it,

awwww thank youuuuu :oops::w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions