HELP! Galaxy S5 Recovery Booting!!

Found 26th Feb 2016
I asked a question few days ago about my phone restarting by itself, the problem was still occuring till today. Now the problem has gone worse. It does not restart itself anymore but its stuck on the samsung galaxy s5 bit and says "recovery booting" (in blue) at the top and it also says "set recovery warranty bit: recovery" (in yellow).

Can someone please help me ASAP, im expecting a very important call tomorrow!
Community Updates
AskSamsung Galaxy
15 Comments
Original Poster
sazzopardi1971

Have a look at this … Have a look at this http://thedroidguy.com/2015/06/how-to-fix-boot-up-battery-power-problems-on-samsung-galaxy-s5-part-1-107419

tried that method, still stuck on the same bit
lampard123

tried that method, still stuck on the same bit

So you tried this?

Turn the phone off completely.

Press and hold the following buttons at the same time: Power, Volume Up, and Home.

Wait for the blue Recovery Mode screen to appear before releasing the buttons.

Use the Volume buttons to navigate to options.

Go to wipe cache partition options and select it by pressing the Power key.

Wait for the device to finish erasing the cache.

Select Reboot system now option.
Original Poster
sazzopardi1971

So you tried this?Turn the phone off completely.Press and hold the … So you tried this?Turn the phone off completely.Press and hold the following buttons at the same time: Power, Volume Up, and Home.Wait for the blue Recovery Mode screen to appear before releasing the buttons.Use the Volume buttons to navigate to options.Go to wipe cache partition options and select it by pressing the Power key.Wait for the device to finish erasing the cache.Select Reboot system now option.

yes, the menu option does not pop up for me. still says "recovery booting..." and "set warranty bit: recovery"

bin it
lampard123

yes, the menu option does not pop up for me. still says "recovery … yes, the menu option does not pop up for me. still says "recovery booting..." and "set warranty bit: recovery":(

If you haven't got it sorted by tomorrow, try contacting Samsung. They have live chat from 10am to 5.30pm tomorrow samsung.com/uk/…tml
Original Poster
sazzopardi1971

If you haven't got it sorted by tomorrow, try contacting Samsung. They … If you haven't got it sorted by tomorrow, try contacting Samsung. They have live chat from 10am to 5.30pm tomorrow http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

ok will do thanks
I had similar problems with an HTC when the battery was failing, wouldn't boot without being plugged in but would work on battery unless cpu was stressed. Eventually wouldn't start at all and had to change battery
If the call is that important, I'd go to nearest shop and get cheapest suitable phone to put sim in to enable you to take the call.
Have you thought that the phone may be knackered and ready for recycling? It sounds like you have tried all possible options
Hello. Have you managed to get in touch with CS? If so, did you get it sorted?
Odin reflash recovery
Original Poster
hello, i used my brothers phone this morning. just got off the live chat with samsung. they said they cannot help as the phone is rooted and warranty will be voided. i told them i did not root the phone and they said to go into a samsung store to investigate if the phone can be fixed out of warranty. i have never rooted this phone but when the phone kept on restarting by itself i have tried many methods that i have found online to try and fix it and i think one these methods was a rooting method or caused the phone to be rooted?

if the phone is rooted, does anyone know how to unroot it or at least make the phone working again?

thanks
They set flags when rooting, They'd know :(, If you're lucky the flags won't be set or their may possibly be a way to remove the flags.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants