HELP: Gear cable for specialized Hardrock

8 replies
Found 9th May 2008
Hi basically i need some help please regarding a gear cable.

Where can i get one for a specialized hard rock

Are they specific

Is it easy to fit.

Reason being mines has fallen apart.

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Original Poster

Local shop quoted me £20 including fitting :O

how hard is it?

thanks

MarzBarz;2061195

Local shop quoted me £20 including fitting :Ohow hard is it?thanks

There is quite a few guides on google try that. Cant say how hard it is as i don't know how capable you are but be prepared to completly re adjust your gears for the new cable.

ryancs;2061225

There is quite a few guides on google try that. Cant say how hard it is … There is quite a few guides on google try that. Cant say how hard it is as i don't know how capable you are but be prepared to completly re adjust your gears for the new cable.

But saying that, re adjusting the gears isn't that hard either. Turn a couple of screws and you'll be sorted.

It's easy if you know what you are doing.
Otherwise, you wont know till you try yourself.
£20's a bit expensive imo since its likely just a 10-15min job for most mechanics.

I just started going back out on my own Hardrock, since it got all sunny, and its a lovely bike.
Was the Hydraulic Disc one for £330, but i'm thinking of ditching the cheap gears as my years of riding an expensive bike has ruined me and i cant get used to the lower amount of gears and the ratio's.

Have a look at ]http//ww…ix/

A Merkin site, but seem to know their stuff.

I think the biggest issue is adjusting the gears to change correclty afterwards. Bit of a Black Art.

Also, make sure you put a nipple on the end of the cable. Keeps the end tidy & stops it stabbing you afterwards.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks

Original Poster

Done it thanks paid £4 for the part locally and my mate done it for me so thanks for the help guys.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244856
    2. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.55
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322810
    4. Leicester sack their manager!33

See more discussions