Help!!! going london tomorrow... parking????

10 replies
Found 5th Mar 2010
going to london tomorrow, have booked tickets for madame thussauds and london eye,

goin by car and trouble is whether to park it in london centre, it would cost £40, and there's alot of traffic and congestion charge on top

someone suggested i park in uxbridge shopping centre as its cheaper and get the london underground day ticket which costs £9.00

can anybody help with this please, i have no idea where london eye and madame thussauds are from each other

all help appreciated

1. Misc
  2. London
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. London
9 Comments

Banned

google is your mate

i bet you get a ticket

If poss park on the outskirts and tube in. Not always cheaper but you'll get to spend more time in at the attractions.

tfl.gov.uk/

No congestion charge tomorrow (Saturday) but parking is very expensive. Having said that, around areas like Victoria and Pimlico you can still find places to park for free.

madame thussauds and the eye are quite close, was there in September, will only take a few minutes along the front if you walk

Jonny 25;8028787

madame thussauds and the eye are quite close, was there in September, … madame thussauds and the eye are quite close, was there in September, will only take a few minutes along the front if you walk

London Eye is near Charing Cross and Madame Tussauds is on Baker Street. Will take more than a couple of minutes.

http://www.3hotels.net/i/central_london_1.gif

Original Poster

thanks guys, i'm thinking uxbridge because even if i park in centre i would b moving around alot

kamy187;8028871

thanks guys, i'm thinking uxbridge because even if i park in centre i … thanks guys, i'm thinking uxbridge because even if i park in centre i would b moving around alot

Good idea, I reiterate my previous post. Just because you won't be charged the congestion charge you would lose alot of time in traffic.

I would recommend parking at Park Royal. It's closer to central london then uxbridge and still outside the congestion zone. Theres parking available in the side street and the area is safe. It'll take you around 30 mins to get to London eye from park royal and around 30 mins from London eye to Madame tussauds.Have fun
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions