Help, Handbrake is stuck

Any mechanics here??

Basically taken the handbrake off and tried to head off for work and its as if the hand brake is still on, pulling on the rear right wheel. I have tried moving forward and back to try and release it but its not happening. Also I have just removed the back wheel and tried banging the back brake drum with a rubber hammer and still not working.

Any Advice Pleeeeease

8 Comments

you need to remove the drum to get it freed

Needing new clips - same happened to me. Handbrake is going on but isn't releasing properly.

Just had the same problem with my Daughters Citroen C2 and the cable going to the left drum has snapped and needs replacing. I guess it could be the same sort of problem?

Original Poster

wickedteen

you need to remove the drum to get it freed

If i remove the drum I need a new rear hub nut, thats what it says in my haynes renault clio book anyway. So I guess I cant do that

Original Poster

scott1295

Needing new clips - same happened to me. Handbrake is going on but isn't … Needing new clips - same happened to me. Handbrake is going on but isn't releasing properly.

Clips? what are they.

Thank you all for your comments by the way

Original Poster

mikebike

Just had the same problem with my Daughters Citroen C2 and the cable … Just had the same problem with my Daughters Citroen C2 and the cable going to the left drum has snapped and needs replacing. I guess it could be the same sort of problem?

Have checked the cables going to the drum and they seem to be fine

redshellbuckley

Have checked the cables going to the drum and they seem to be fine

Oh ok hope you get it sorted

Handbrake clips are on each drum which applies the pressure to the cables which holds and releases the handbrake. Either that or the cable is loose - but i would say its the clips - sounds exactly the same as what happened to mine.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2235
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764082
    3. Sad news about Barcelona1868
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846113

See more discussions