Help heal hearts this Valentine's Day

Found 14th Feb
I know, not actually a deal but I thought it apt for Valentine's Day

bhf.org.uk/get…ate

Text FIGHT to 70123 to donate £3 to help continue our fight against heart disease.

By donating £3 you are helping us continue our fight against heart disease. The money you donate makes a real difference.
Community Updates
5 Comments
After all the recent charity scandals I would be cautious about anything like this.

They make it clear how much you will be charged, but not where your money goes, how much of it will go on salaries etc.

They do invite you to phone their call centre to discuss your donation, who has time and will that member of staff really tell you anything?

With out a key facts document explaining how donations are used and where that money goes in terms of bonuses and salaries or the charities investments I would advise avoiding.
groenleader22 m ago

After all the recent charity scandals I would be cautious about anything …After all the recent charity scandals I would be cautious about anything like this.They make it clear how much you will be charged, but not where your money goes, how much of it will go on salaries etc. They do invite you to phone their call centre to discuss your donation, who has time and will that member of staff really tell you anything?With out a key facts document explaining how donations are used and where that money goes in terms of bonuses and salaries or the charities investments I would advise avoiding.

"Where your money goes"

"We aim to ensure that at least 70p in every £1 raised will be available to spend on our life saving work.

Last year... 77 per cent (£120m) of the money we raised was available for our life saving research and supporting heart patients.
"
Edited by: "RossD89" 14th Feb
RossD892 h, 8 m ago

"Where your money goes""We aim to ensure that at least 70p in every £1 …"Where your money goes""We aim to ensure that at least 70p in every £1 raised will be available to spend on our life saving work.Last year... 77 per cent (£120m) of the money we raised was available for our life saving research and supporting heart patients."

Careful, not so simple, notice that there is no link on that web page that takes one to the detailed accounts. I think most pedestrians could expect differently. To what most people expects, you will be extremely lucky if that's more than 50%.

telegraph.co.uk/new…tml

Additionally, there are two statements on that web page which may cause for concern.

1. We aim to ensure that at least 70p in every £1 raised will be available to spend on our life saving work, the balance is invested to grow our income.

2. This means 77 per cent (£120m) of the money we raised was available for our life saving research and supporting heart patients.

A question is why did the leadership did not list past 5 years of monies actually paid out ( so called BACs transfers which is what ordinary people could understand )? What's the meaning of "the balance is invested to grow our income", is that the £36.6m, is salary and bonus paid part of this investment, just asking?

They may be squeaky clean and above board, but that evidence is not on that web page. One has to research further.
Edited by: "splender" 14th Feb
They bound you remorselessly for more money. They used to phone me every couple of months asking if I would like to increase the direct debit. Guess the other 30p in the pound goes on that. In the end I cancelled and gave the money to a different charity
Uilleam1754 m ago

I used to sponsor a child through Plan International, when they got a new …I used to sponsor a child through Plan International, when they got a new boss it was then relentless trying get me to sponsor another child,(£15 month for each child) raffle tickets sent without asking,t shirts and tat goods to buy. I got so fed up that as soon as my child was old enough I immediately cut off all ties with P.I.

I hate charities that do this. The final time they did it I asked them which of the other charities I supported they wanted me to drop in order to give them the extra they wanted. Emotional blackmail
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants