Groups
    EXPIRED

HELP HELP HELP!

I'm pretty sure i've got a ******* virus on my laptop because a pop up keeps coming up in the bottom right hand corner of my screen saying "Application cannot be exexcuted. The file *something.bin*
    I can't open any of my programs I just tried opening paint and snipping tool to actually get screen shots of the pop ups but when I click them the loading badge comes up next to my mouse arrow and then they disappear

"Windows reports that computer is infected."
    I've got AVAST-FREE running a system scan but i have no clue what thats going to do?

I've got no idea about computer viruses Please help.

12 Comments

download then run malwarebytes in safe mode
    malwarebytes.org/

Original Poster

hutchir9;8503037

download then run malwarebytes in safe modehttp://malwarebytes.org/

dontasciime;8503039

MBAM .. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

OMG !!! :x

I just downloaded and installed that and when I try to open it a pop up comes up saying "Run Time error" then INSTANTLY closes itself???

I can't even open Windows Live Messenger...what else can I do : ( : (

Have you tried running malwarebytes in safe mode?

ScRiVs;8503068

OMG !!! :xI just downloaded and installed that and when I try to open it … OMG !!! :xI just downloaded and installed that and when I try to open it a pop up comes up saying "Run Time error" then INSTANTLY closes itself???I can't even open Windows Live Messenger...what else can I do : ( : (

[FONT=Verdana]
    I would suggest trying to download a portable version of Malwarebytes or Spybot Search & Destroy and then take a look at the following article.

Thwart Antivirus-Crippling Malware by Changing File Extensions - antivirus - Lifehacker
    lifehacker.com/552…s=i

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Original Poster

dontasciime;8503085

download rkill and run it … download rkill and run it firsthttp://www.technibble.com/rkill-repair-tool-of-the-week/try each extension

Mate I just tried it and i literally cant open ANYTHING other than firefox.

FFS I don't know what to do, my brothers away atm he's the one who knows everything about this sort of thing

i had something similiar last week when my bro had it on them computer, i downloaded malwarebytes and logged in on as a different user on the computer and installed and ran the program and worked fine, it found and removed the problem.

so if you have mutliple accounts on your computer try another account

Reboot the computer and keep pressing f8 until you can get into safe mode.

I can sort this mess out for you personally.

Download TeamViewer - I gain access to your PC only with your permission, I can then control your PC to remove this crap and if you don't trust what I am doing on there, you can see everything I do and at anytime you can disconnect the connection.

It sounds like a trojan disabling programs before they can be opened.

well?

who expired ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4492108
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35192
      3. What is there free to do in your town?2443
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2445

See more discussions