Groups

help help help

Banned
    Calling all ya chemistry or pharmaceutic students out there. My brain has gone dead how do you convert a mol (not mole) into a gram <<< periodic table.

For e.g. How much does 1 mol of carbon atoms weigh in grams (atoms)??

God I feel thick!!!

7 Comments

My brain has gone dead reading that OP!!! Chesso is the one who could probably help you with that - no doubt though she is sleeping at this time!

Good luck with it!

Original Poster Banned

Thanks hun..awww its so complicated and I was ill when we did this lesson 2 assignments go to be handed in fro tuesday. Kids are in bed so now Ive finally got time to do it!!!

Im going to call it a night got a early start tomorrow and knowing my luck my 2yo wil be tickling my feet at 6am so night & if anyone can help please reply.

P.S I look forward to hearing from you Chesso

nyt nyt x x x

SLICKC

Thanks hun..awww its so complicated and I was ill when we did this lesson … Thanks hun..awww its so complicated and I was ill when we did this lesson 2 assignments go to be handed in fro tuesday. Kids are in bed so now Ive finally got time to do it!!! Im going to call it a night got a early start tomorrow and knowing my luck my 2yo wil be tickling my feet at 6am so night & if anyone can help please reply.P.S I look forward to hearing from you Chesso nyt nyt x x x

I will pm her a copy of this thread - get to bed now! Am going to mines (though still not tired!!)

A mole of any substance has the same number of particles as there are atoms in 12 g of carbon, so 1 mole of C weighs 12 g and everything else is proportional to that. See the periodic table to figure out, as the 'weight' of a mole of the element is the relative atomic mass figure. Ca is 40 and so on!

Late nights ^^^^

Original Poster Banned

chesso

A mole of any substance has the same number of particles as there are … A mole of any substance has the same number of particles as there are atoms in 12 g of carbon, so 1 mole of C weighs 12 g and everything else is proportional to that. See the periodic table to figure out, as the 'weight' of a mole of the element is the relative atomic mass figure. Ca is 40 and so on!:DHi Chesso,Thanks for your help,, I've been missing you lol So is a mol the same as a mole or is it a samller quanitity.Thanks >>This ones really working me up!! x x xLate nights ^^^^

They are the same thing.
    Mol is an abbreviation of mole.
    It seems pretty pointless to me to abbreviate by one letter so I never have!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions