Groups

help!! holidays for the old

my grandads retirment is coming up and wanted to book a weekend/week away for them. they like to do walks, looking around old building and stuff. anyone know good places for this kind of thing

budget around £750

12 Comments

try here
    saga.co.uk/

York is very nice, easy access as well via the A1 or East Coast Rail Line.

Harrogate is very historic too

Original Poster

Inactive;7829469

York is very nice, easy access as well via the A1 or East Coast Rail Line.

might be a bit far, live in east midlands.

thanks thou

Kinder Scout?

Original Poster

linuxlinks;7829516

Kinder Scout?

yeh looks good :thumbsup:

keep the ideas coming, thanks alot

crse2008;7829496

might be a bit far, live in east midlands.......................

a nice relaxing train journey is part of the fun . York is a very nice place to visit . My mam , she's in her mid seventies loves the place and goes for a week every year.

The cotswolds espaically around stow on the wold, morton-in-marsh and Northleach. Nice places to walk and loads of places of interest

Original Poster

ricko;7829612

a nice relaxing train journey is part of the fun . York is a very nice … a nice relaxing train journey is part of the fun . York is a very nice place to visit . My mam , she's in her mid seventies loves the place and goes for a week every year.

depends if they take the train, if you do you dont have as much freedom as with a car you do

crse2008;7829496

might be a bit far, live in east midlands.thanks thou

York is almost in the East Midlands, just up a bit.;-)

Haddon Hall in Bakewell, Derbyshire, is one of the best old places we've ever visited - family run and really friendly. Gorgeous on a sunny day. There's lots of places to stay in the area.
    haddonhall.co.uk/
    They could also go to Chatsworth House - world famous although we've never actually managed to visit.
    Plenty of walks in the area.
    peakdistrictonline.co.uk/con…=13
    walkinginderbyshire.co.uk/bak…htm

Original Poster

rep given to all thanks for all your help, will see if my mum like any of theses
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions